Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 2.2 BB, Hero calls 1.2 BB

Flop: (4.4 BB, 2 players) T:diamond: 8:diamond: 4:heart:
      SB bets 2.2 BB, Hero calls 2.2 BB

Turn: (8.8 BB, 2 players) K:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 4.4 BB, SB raises to 8.8 BB, Hero calls 4.4 BB

River: (26.4 BB, 2 players) 7:spade:
      SB bets 11 BB, Hero calls 11 BB

Hero mucks K:spade: Q:diamond: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 40%, Flop 18%, Turn 0%)
      SB shows A:diamond: 5:diamond: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 60%, Flop 82%, Turn 100%)
      SB wins 46 BB

300 hands VP 23, PFR 23, attempt to steal 94 % from sb, fold steal to 3bet 74%
      CBET flop 74%

I usually 3bet here, but I wanted to play with descent hand IP against him, because his range is so wide. Is turn bet ok? I thought when he checks he is usually giving up, because he would barrel turn with fd, so I bet only 1/2 pot to get light call.
      Should i fold to min raise? My bet size was inducing, so I was not sure. Fold river bet? Again strange bet size
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

He is just stealing so often, I probably just 3bet him with a ton and also 3bet KQ for thin value.

I agree with floating the Flop. Turn checkraise is really tough though. I would bet larger on the Turn myself. When he checkraises us he reps either some sort of AdX or maybe a flush. I think he is polarized here.

River size is also kind of strange. I'm not thrilled about it, and turn c/r + river bets are almost always nutted hands. With that said, could we find a fold here? He seems like some sort of random player, and we do have Qd which blocks off many possible flush combos from his range.

However, he has all combos of diamonds in his range, given that he open raises 94% of hands in SB vs BB. I think this is the main reason why I would probably fold the River, and probably even the Turn as well.