Mtt

• xxxdannyxxx
      xxxdannyxxx
      Bronze
      hi!
      ive just started to play poker for like a month now.i play sss and its going ok.but ill like to play some tournaments aswell.i follow the sit n go strategy but it doesnt seem to work.or i lose out on some stupid random call or i dont play any hands and start to fall behind on blinds.is there a particular strategy for these types of tournaments?
  • 4 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Playing by the SHC is for begginners, if you want to play more hands (and you should) watch the videos and go to the coachings. You could use some post-flop skills though, playing BSS first. That's what I did and it helped me alot, so if you feel you're lost on postflop I suggest you play cash games with BSS first.
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      look online you will find some good strategy guides & think PokerStrategy are doing some as well

Bankroll stick to 100 buy-ins average but if starting out playing MTT , try some freeroll first or try like the 180 man on pokerstars or even 45/90 man depending on site you play
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I wouldn't advise a SSS player to play MTT's. You should play some SnG's before you attempt to play MTT's imo. You should also use ICM trainer (program, it can be downloaded in the downloads section of this site). Although it is aimed more towards SnG's it will help you in MTT's.
    • xxxdannyxxx
      xxxdannyxxx
      Bronze
      ok il try your advice and see how it goes.im playing a bit of mtts these days.i start of playing tight and then get more aggressive.im trying to play more aggressive and open my hand range,especially in position.
      up till now it seems to be going ok.some itm spots and a good second place that got me 240$.