BB: 40 BB
      Hero (UTG): 147 BB
      MP: 104.65 BB
      CO: 280.95 BB
      BTN: 191.1 BB
      SB: 43.25 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:heart: Q:heart:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BTN raises to 10.5 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 7.5 BB

Flop: (22.5 BB, 2 players) 6:club: 3:club: 3:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 15 BB, fold

BTN wins 21.4 BB

37 hands, VP 32, PFR 30, 3bet 2/11

Is it better 4bet/fold? I noticed that in general in ipoker NL20 people don't fold to 4bet often enough, I get called too often or 5 bet, so my 4bets bluffs are not profitable.
      Once I called, my hand could be often better, but how can I continue playing OOP on that board? Maybe check raise against someone who 3bets and cbets light?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

AQs is like the perfect hand to flat 3bets with OOP. I don't think we are completely certain about his postflop tendencies but he seems to be slightly aggro and despite him 3betting vs your UTG raise I think calling seems to be the best play.

On the Flop, i find it really hard to c/c the Flop without better reads. So we should c/f. Flop doesn't even have a heart for backdoor flush draws, and also he makes it 2/3 pot.

Thanks.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      What hands would you call OOP against 3bet?
      I tend to avoid calling OOP. I call only with PP, if villian has strong 3bet range, so I have high implied odds, or sometimes I call JJ, QQ, KK if he 3bets light but folds often to 4bet, and I check raise him on flop.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Vs an ultra tight range, of let's say QQ+, you should probably defend all pocket pairs 22-JJ. If you hit a set, you stack off, if you miss the set, just check/fold Flop regardless of texture. Pretty easy right?

Vs a well-balanced range, 22-77 will have a very hard time making a profit. You are just up against air so often even when you hit a set, so you don't get too much value. And when you miss, your playability is really poor. So I fold these low pairs mostly.

With mid pairs, you could choose to call and bluffcatch maybe one or even two streets. Suited Broadways are the most suitable for defending mainly because they are very playable (suited, connected, high cards). They can continue on a wide variety of flops either with a checkraise or check/call with the intention of bluffing on the river if turn is checked (OOP floating).