Hero (MP): $2.00
      CO: $1.80
      BTN: $1.91
      SB: $0.76
      BB: $2.28
      UTG: $1.92

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:club: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, CO calls $0.08, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.14, Hero raises to $0.26, fold, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.61, 2 players) 3:club: 7:spade: T:spade:
      BB bets $0.16, Hero raises to $0.40, BB calls $0.24

Turn: ($1.41, 2 players) J:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.41, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      BB bets $0.24, fold

BB wins $1.36

I think I completly miss plaid the hand...

BB
      VP$IP - 50
      PFR - 17
      Hands - 12
      Call flop CBet - 50% (2)
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: What is the purpose of the 4bet? Do you think his 3bet range contains many worse hands? Are you trying to gain value from worse hands with the 4bet?

Flop: What do you think his betting range here is? Do you ever expect him to fold a better hand here (7X/TX/other pocket pairs)? Does our hand have showdown value?

Turn: A card which improves 89 and spade draws. If he has draws in his flop leading range, then this card greatly improves his range on the Turn.

River: If what I said in the previous paragraph is true, then obviously we are crushed here on the River. No room for calling, and raising is crazy when the river didn't change anything and we are not representing much.

Try to analyze each of your plays, and think of why you are making a certain play. Are you raising to gain value? Are you trying to bluff? Why are you checking in a particular spot? Knowing what you are trying to achieve will help you to make better decisions.

Thanks.
    • radiatorsft
      radiatorsft
      Bronze
      Preflop:
      1) his raise was small, and I thougt since I have position on him, I will Reraise/fold.
      2) I thougt in his range could be broadways, as well as small pp.
      3) cant get any value from worse hands

Flop:
      1) Since he was betting so weak either he had 7x or 99, 88, 66 .. or he tried to induce me to bluff with over pairs or 10X or even sets.
      2) I expect him to fold all the pairs like 66, 88, 99 and hands like 7X.
      3) None showdown value.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Preflop:

1) Since you have position on him, that makes calling more favourable, as opposed to trying to reraise and make his decision easy. A lot of the time, he could just go allin, or just fold to your 4bet.

2) That could be true, but I think your info is still fairly limited. You should provide his 3bet stat too. Your sample size is really small too, with only 12 hands, so I'll assume his 3bet % is 0 for now. I don't think you can just jump to this conclusion too quickly.

What we do know about BB though, is that he is probably a very bad player. Most good players don't make such small reraises, simply because it achieves no real purpose.

3) If we can't get any value from worse hands, and we can't bluff out better hands, then I think reraising here serves no real purpose. We should consider our other options which is to either call or fold. Given that pot odds are really good, this is a clear call in my opinion.

Flop:

1) He is never folding a pair to your raise, not for one bet at least. To fold out his pairs, you need to put in multiple bets

2) Disagree with what you said, as mentioned

3) We do have showdown value. If you did put weaker broadways in his preflop range, all those hands miss this board. We beat KQ AJ KJ QJ on the flop, so we should probably just call the Flop.