[NL20-NL50] [HU] flatting AA

• muumionu
      muumionu
      Bronze
      Villain opens 64% buttons, defends 60% vs 3bets and 4bets 8.6%
      Fold to cbet in 3b pot is 25%. No flop seen in 4b pots yet.

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 2088286
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $146.34
      BTN/SB: $51.75

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A :heart: A :club:
      BTN/SB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5, BTN/SB raises to $13.50, Hero calls $8.50

Flop: ($27.00) K :club: 2 :spade: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8, BTN/SB calls $8

Turn: ($43.00) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB checks

River: ($43.00) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $124.84 all in
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Your play does not make too much sense to me. Do you expect him to play back light vs you vs your donkbets?

What is your perceived image? Do you think his 4bet range is very bluff heavy? Cos the value of coolering so many worse hands like 99-KK, AK/AQ is so much greater than slowplaying, provided he has an equal number of value hands in his 4bet range as compared to bluff hands.

As a general rule of thumb, I don't flat 4bets with KK/AA unless I think my opponent's 4betting range comprises more than 65% air and less than 35% value. If not, the value of coolering worse hands is just way higher than trying to induce bluffs from weak hands.

Thanks.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      Originally posted by mbml
      What is your perceived image? Do you think his 4bet range is very bluff heavy? Cos the value of coolering so many worse hands like 99-KK, AK/AQ is so much greater than slowplaying, provided he has an equal number of value hands in his 4bet range as compared to bluff hands.

As a general rule of thumb, I don't flat 4bets with KK/AA unless I think my opponent's 4betting range comprises more than 65% air and less than 35% value. If not, the value of coolering worse hands is just way higher than trying to induce bluffs from weak hands.

Thanks.
      Hey mbml,

Could you please elaborate on this ? Why is the value of coolering those hands so much higher ? Don´t we stack most of those hands on most flops anyway if we flat while keeping his bluff range in ?