This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQr

• radiatorsft
      radiatorsft
      Bronze
      $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players

UTG+1: $1.13
      MP: $0.80
      MP+1: $0.05
      CO: $0.77
      BTN: $1.97
      SB: $1.13
      BB: $1.01
      Hero (UTG): $2.14

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:diamond: A:spade:

Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.24, 3 players) 6:diamond: 2:spade: A:heart:
      SB bets $0.16, fold, Hero raises to $0.32, SB calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.88, 2 players) T:diamond:
      SB bets $0.26, Hero raises to $1.62, SB calls $0.47 and is all-in

River: ($2.34, 2 players) 7:diamond:

SB shows A:club: T:heart: (Two Pair, Aces and Tens) (Pre 27%, Flop 14%, Turn 93%)
      Hero shows Q:diamond: A:spade: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 73%, Flop 86%, Turn 7%)
      SB wins $2.26

SB
      VP$IP - 19
      PFR - 11
      AgrFreq - 17
      Hands - 27
      PF 3bet - 0

1)Is raise on flop ok?
      2)Is the raise on turn good?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Standard

Flop: In general I usually call here vs most players, especially if the Flop is dry. However given that SB seems like a really bad player who would defend a really wide range from the blinds, I think he could have almost any AX here. I never expect him to fold any AX here to a raise, I don't expect him to bet the Flop with less than an Ace (the lack of draws on the Flop mean that he cannot be semibluffing), and I think he stacks off here with more hands since he is a short stack.

Turn: If he calls, we can shove all turns. I would make the Flop rais slightly larger though, maybe 38 cents is good, so we have less than a pot size bet on the turn.

I realize that I may be using terminology that may be too advanced for a beginner, so please feel free to ask me for any clarifications if you are unsure about what I am talking about, and I'll try to rephrase what I'm saying.

Thanks.
    • radiatorsft
      radiatorsft
      Bronze
      1) Does "Flop is dry" means there is no draws?
      2) Does AX means an Ace and anything?

Thank you!
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      1) Yes, a dry flop is one without draws. Conversely, a wet flop is one with many straight or flush draws. A coordinated or connected Flop is one with many straight draws, such as JT9 or 678.

2) Yup you are right, X refers to any card between 2-A, in this case of course I'm not referring to AA when I say AX.