[NL2-NL10] NL5 Speed QQs 3-way

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $5.43 (108.6 bb)
      UTG: $5.05 (101 bb)
      MP: $7.49 (149.8 bb)
      CO: $7.28 (145.6 bb)
      BTN: $7.71 (154.2 bb)
      SB: $3.14 (62.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q Q
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.05, CO folds, BTN calls $0.05, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.92) 7 6 2 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, MP calls $0.65, BTN calls $0.65

Turn: ($2.87) 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.10, BTN raises to $1.50, Hero folds, MP calls $1.40

River: ($5.87) 2 (2 players)
      MP checks, BTN bets $2.93, MP folds

Results:
      $5.87 pot ($0.29 rake)
      Final Board: 7 6 2 5 2
      MP mucked and lost (-$2.45 net)
      BTN mucked and won $5.58 ($3.13 net)

MP - ( $7.49 USD ) - VPIP: 100, PFR: 20, 3B: 50, AF: 1.0, Hands: 5

BTN - ( $7.71 USD ) - VPIP: 22, PFR: 13, 3B: 3, AF: 3.0, Hands: 98

PF: Here, I raised 6bb to compensate for me playing OOP if called. I was hoping to play against MP as he seems to be the fishy one.

When MP calls and BTN flats, I'm giving MP a wide range of suited connectors, small pairs, high suited cards and Ax. BTN's range I assign small-medium PPs, broadway, mid suited hands and Ax suited. Any strong hands like AJ+ KJ+ and bigger PPs will isolate MP's limp I feel.

Flop: I think this flop gives lots of draws to both oops' ranges that I assigned to them. I should have bet bigger here like $0.75 to pot. When they both call, I don't feel very good but I think overall I'm still ahead here.

Turn: The 5 completes 43 and 98 straight. I think 98 is a really possible hand for either of my opp. A flopped 2p like 67 and turned 2p like 56, 57 and set of 55s also beats me now.

I was deciding betw bet/fold or check/fold. But if I bet even 1/2 here, I think I'm basically committing myself on the River. If only 1 calls, I have less than 1/2 pot size bet left, if both calls, my odds are even better.

So in e end, I decided to take e passive way. Obv calling MP's 2bb bet, but when BTN raises I am out.

I might have been bluff by 88-JJ hands I'm not sure ?(
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

BU may or may not be a fish. MP is clearly a fish.

I think you should just bet the Turn, there's so much value to be had from both players, especially the fish. Check/folding the Turn is just insanely weak. What are you really scared of? Nothing indicates to me that you are beat at this point in time.

So many worse overpairs, so many draws and pair+straight draw type of hand which will continue calling you down.

Thanks.
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Thanks. The more I think about it, the more I think I played it badly too.

At that point of time, I was basically thinking about the River. I have no problem b/folding if I get raised on the Turn.

I was thinking if I bet anything more than 1/2 pot which I think I should if I do, and both calls or even one, then basically my SPR on the River will be so low that I will have to shove any River.

Am I thinking too far ahead that I didn't focus on the immediate street about protection and value? Meh.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I think you could just halfpot if you are concerned about SPR issues.

I would just shove all blank Rivers. I would c/f if the flush completes and both of them are still in the hand since the likelihood of one of them having a flush is really high.