[NL20-NL50] NL50 AJ sqz pot

• double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $32.30 (64.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $68.61 (137.2 bb)
      UTG: $65.89 (131.8 bb)
      MP: $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $58.70 (117.4 bb)
      BTN: $59.76 (119.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A J
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, BTN folds, SB calls $1.25, Hero raises to $5.50, CO calls $4, SB folds

Flop: ($12.50) 9 2 A (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, CO calls $7

Turn: ($26.50) 7 (2 players)

CO 1.3k hands
      18/15/5.5%
      open CO 21%
      fold to 3bet 59%
      4bet range 0.0% (37)
      fold to cbet in 3bet pot 78% (9)
      WTSD 22%
      WWSF 39%

SB 198 hands 36/16

What to do turn, c/c, c/r, bet?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Check what range he defends preflop and think how your hand rates, especially vs his most likely action.

He is average with opening and folding to 3bets imo but then he folds postflop so often that he literally only continues with better imo while also having that better quite often since he can have AK, AQ, 99 in his range without a doubt. I would usually go for a check/call line here because it's hard to value bet and I wouldn't bet all my air here vs this guy. I would bet a lot of air because of his folding tendencies but definitely not all of it.
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

Check what range he defends preflop and think how your hand rates, especially vs his most likely action.

He is average with opening and folding to 3bets imo but then he folds postflop so often that he literally only continues with better imo while also having that better quite often since he can have AK, AQ, 99 in his range without a doubt. I would usually go for a check/call line here because it's hard to value bet and I wouldn't bet all my air here vs this guy. I would bet a lot of air because of his folding tendencies but definitely not all of it.
      You mean c/c flop and turn?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by double2
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

You mean c/c flop and turn?
      Yep, c/c flop and c/c turn almost always and decide river.. If you don't cbet some Ax, this is the one to do it and you kinda need to not cbet everything all the time so having the 'nut bluffcatcher' so to speak is great. If you see a funky range, you can readjust but this hand can get you to showdown like 75% of the time and very very often the best hand.