Hero (SB): $5.35 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 96801
      BB: $15.41 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 22, 3B: 7, AF: 1,0, Hands: 74
      UTG: $1.94 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 7, 3B: 4, AF: 2,5, Hands: 55
      MP: $3.16 - VPIP: 34, PFR: 15, 3B: 11, AF: 3,0, Hands: 74
      CO: $9.25 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 0,2, Hands: 61, cc:0, Fto3b:1/1
      BTN: $5.02 - VPIP: 35, PFR: 18, 3B: 4, AF: 1,9, Hands: 378

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with 2 :spade: 2 :club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.15, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.13, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.35) 8 :heart: 9 :club: T :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15
      1)I expect villain to bet bigger with an overpair, or anything strong, hence the call. 2)My plan: fold to 2ndbarrel, but if villain checks, might bet the river.
      3)Well, I cant call simply for set-value 22 looks just superproblematic unimproved OOP, this would incline me to 3b preflop, but it may only make more problems.
      4)His Fto3b sample is 1, but can we use the CC in this case? I interpet is as villain doesnt like to call preflop. Hence he doesnt like to call 3bets aswell.

• 9 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: We should fold here on the flop despite his small bet. Our hand has terrible equity and we have two more streets to go with every card being a scare card. Just fold this hand and move on.

As far as 3-betting preflop goes I don't like to 3-bet these hands, especially from the blinds where we can expect to see flops on which we will rarely ever have anything to bet with. So either fold pre or just call.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

Postflop: We should fold here on the flop despite his small bet. Our hand has terrible equity and we have two more streets to go with every card being a scare card. Just fold this hand and move on.

As far as 3-betting preflop goes I don't like to 3-bet these hands, especially from the blinds where we can expect to see flops on which we will rarely ever have anything to bet with. So either fold pre or just call.
      But we cant simply call preflop, can we?
      We can NOT setmine, we must have alternative plans. Maybe simply the board texture is "bad"? It's bad for the openraiser aswell!
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

But we cant simply call preflop, can we?
      We can NOT setmine, we must have alternative plans. Maybe simply the board texture is "bad"? It's bad for the openraiser aswell!
      You can just set mine as he has enough money behind using both rule 15 or rule 20.

However with a lot of guys you will get some check backs and then we scoop the pot up or we can bluff low flops.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      yeah the call20 rule applies, but it only applies for tight raisers, doesnt it?
      I mean, we would have to win a relatively large pot if we setmine, which requires our opponent to have a strong holding.
      Ch/folding unimproved, and winning a tiny pot if improved just doesnt sound right.

Well, if I say this, then you could say: if they fold much when I have a set, I could represent one more often, because I have the FE :f_biggrin:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      yeah the call20 rule applies, but it only applies for tight raisers, doesnt it?
      I mean, we would have to win a relatively large pot if we setmine, which requires our opponent to have a strong holding.
      Ch/folding unimproved, and winning a tiny pot if improved just doesnt sound right.

Well, if I say this, then you could say: if they fold much when I have a set, I could represent one more often, because I have the FE :f_biggrin:
      You are investing 2.5 BBs to see the flop so that means even if you fold 7 out 8 times you lose 17.5 BBs or so. That's all you'd need to make up when you hit the set and the guy has a lot more behind than that.

This is not adding pots we would pick up otherwise.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      ch.raising is pretty good on the flop, isnt it?
      The board is very draw-heavy, and he'd bet more with strong made hands, because he looks TAGish, and TAGish ppl do that.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      ch.raising is pretty good on the flop, isnt it?
      The board is very draw-heavy, and he'd bet more with strong made hands, because he looks TAGish, and TAGish ppl do that.
      We could look at taking one stab at a pot. However tagish guys still bet some draws like this or to induce something. And he is hardly the most aggressive player so far so I still prefer the fold.