(Pre 63%, Flop 29.9%, Turn 13.6%)

BB shows J:club: T:club:
      (Pre 37%, Flop 70.1%, Turn 86.4%)

BB wins $5.14

• 6 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      i would be inclined to check/fold turn oop unless we hit K/Q/A/9/spade.

it is unlikely we will get many folds on the turn as the 8 fails to change the board much
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: With two overs and a backdoor flush/straight betting the flop is fine.

Turn is not the greatest and i would not look to bet this unless we plan to bet the river.

My default is to ck/fold turn versus a fish unimproved.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      My reason for a bet here that flop is rather easy to call, so if i cbet there i may have to follow it up, but i didn't see much reason in 3 barrel trying to take away tx, especially since no overs hit.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      My reason for a bet here that flop is rather easy to call, so if i cbet there i may have to follow it up, but i didn't see much reason in 3 barrel trying to take away tx, especially since no overs hit.
      While in general that is true there's a good reason why we only cbet hands with equity, because we can continue on more cards. So we don't need to fire every turn, especially the ones that don't change much to show a profit long term.

We can bet any spade (10 cards), any J, Q, K, A (12 cards) and maybe even a 9 (3 cards) so that's a total of 25 cards, or ~50% of the time. Sometimes villain may check back and give us a free river as well for a Q or K.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      That is true i got bit overeager with double barreling, and concluded this is good enough to make 7- pps fold.

Would you double barrel on mentioned cards ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      That is true i got bit overeager with double barreling, and concluded this is good enough to make 7- pps fold.

Would you double barrel on mentioned cards ?
      Yes, I would bet any of those hands mentioned above including 9x (which is our thinnest double barrel). Of course bet sizing might differ versus fish given the cards we hit but we bet none the less.

For example on a K or Q we may bet more for pure value (or less to not scare him) then we would on a low spade where our FE is not as great.