UTG bets $0.20, Hero folds

UTG wins $1.17

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I agree with checking that wet flop given our poor equity in the pot and the villain we are facing.

I think that I would still consider folding to his small turn bet despite the good price that it gives us simply because I think that often it will be hard to get to showdown with our A high. We get 8% pot odds but we only have 6% odds to hit an A on the river and if we hit a 9 we won't be too happy.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Yes my eq is questionable, but maybe my hand is good enough against his draw, so turn is ok, i do have some implied too.

But i just couldn't believe he would 1/6 pot donk fold his draw at the river, sure he can make other draws to fold but half pot looks more legit and you really don't want all sorts of ax calling you down, which is exactly what i had.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Yes my eq is questionable, but maybe my hand is good enough against his draw, so turn is ok, i do have some implied too.

But i just couldn't believe he would 1/6 pot donk fold his draw at the river, sure he can make other draws to fold but half pot looks more legit and you really don't want all sorts of ax calling you down, which is exactly what i had.
      We do have A high and beat many draws so as played I'd probably pay the 2bb and call with a chance to win and get to see his cards (learn about the villain).

Our implied odds on the turn can also be reverse implied odds because one of the Ax outs puts a flush on the board or may give him 2p.