This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 4 11 qj

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6.75)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($1.86)
      UTG+1 ($5.22)
      CO ($25.90)
      BTN ($3.73)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: Q:diamond:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.30) T:heart: K:diamond: A:diamond:

SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, UTG folds, SB calls $0.30

TURN ($1.10) T:heart: K:diamond: A:diamond: 9:diamond:

SB bets $1, Hero calls $1

RIVER ($3.10) T:heart: K:diamond: A:diamond: 9:diamond: 5:club:

SB bets $2, Hero calls $2

SB shows 3:spade: 3:heart:
      (Pre 50%, Flop 3.3%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero shows J:spade: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 50%, Flop 96.7%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero wins $6.63

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine given how short UTG is

Postflop: I think that we can raise the flop larger given that anything that connects there can call a bigger bet. I'd make it something like 0.7 or so.

As Played the turn sucks but we have a redraw to the nut flush which reduces the number of flushes he can have and gives us a redraw. I think we can even consider raising there and going with the hand given that villain will also have some Ax, 2p type hands.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I know i could have raised the flop for more, especially this one where ax and 2p will call regardless, but aren't we folding out every draw especially his his mindonk looks like a draw.

Would you play the aggressive line from turn you mentioned , or would you stick with "my" solution ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I know i could have raised the flop for more, especially this one where ax and 2p will call regardless, but aren't we folding out every draw especially his his mindonk looks like a draw.

Would you play the aggressive line from turn you mentioned , or would you stick with "my" solution ?
      Weak draws like to Qx and Jxmay fold but I doubt that pair plus draw folds. So I rather get more value from the bulk of his range that would call more.

I think that you can go either way here. His big donk does polarized his range however most of the bluffs are actually semibluff that can call a raise. So I'd make it 2.4-2.5 and go with it.