NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($13.02)
      BB ($5.63)
      UTG ($11.55)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      Hero ($14.26)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: K:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($1.20) T:club: 6:diamond: K:heart:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, BTN folds, SB calls $0.70, BB folds

TURN ($2.60) T:club: 6:diamond: K:heart: 8:diamond:

SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2.40, SB folds

Hero shows T:heart: K:spade:

Hero wins $3.36

• 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I agree with both your flop and turn play here.

I don't see a reason to slowplay the turn given that villain still has $4.1 behind. We may consider making it smaller like 1.9 to give him a chance to consider shoving and think that he may have FE. So a smaller raise may keep him in with a wider range because his small donk is usually either a block bet or an inducer bet. We can also consider just shoving so we look bluffier.

At the table, given the scenario and board texture I think I would prefer the smaller raise.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      He is not the 5,63 guy he is the 13,02
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      He is not the 5,63 guy he is the 13,02
      In that case I would prefer the larger bet so we can set up the stacks better for the river.

If he calls we have a $7.4 pot with about $9.6 behind so we can't really shove without overbetting. But at the same time we can't just make it $4 on the turn and hope he calls wide.

So I think the raise is fine and we can hope he calls and donks river again so we can raise, or we can just ship it on a blank.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hi!

What about flop sizing? I think, 4-way we can c-bet larger, say 3/4, and get at least 1 caller (targeting Kx, QJ, even Tx). Also, this way we can get the money in easier on the later streets.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by dienaszaglis
      Hi!

What about flop sizing? I think, 4-way we can c-bet larger, say 3/4, and get at least 1 caller (targeting Kx, QJ, even Tx). Also, this way we can get the money in easier on the later streets.
      We could bet bigger but our hand doesn't really need protection and we'd like to keep in a wider range of hands. If you make it $1 here there's a lot of 2nd pair/3rd pair hands going away and a lot of the random floats.