Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($6.56) 164bb
      BTN ($3.96) 99bb
      HERO (SB) ($4) 100bb
      BB ($3) 75bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 4 players) HERO is SB A:spade: A:club:
      CO raises to $0.12, 1 fold, HERO raises to $0.40, 1 fold, CO calls $0.28

Flop: 9:diamond: 2:spade: 10:spade: ($0.84, 2 players)
      HERO bets $0.48, CO calls $0.48

Turn: 4:heart: ($1.80, 2 players)
      HERO bets $1.14, CO calls $1.14

River: 8:spade: ($4.08, 2 players
      HERO?

Villain is 58/58, AF: 1.9, SD: 37
      *SQZ w/ QTs, calls 1/2 f/t/r w/ TP

PRE
      Std. Could go with a bigger 3-bet against the fish.

FLOP
      Standard c-bet sizing in 3-bet pot.

TURN
      Still betting for value: QJ, Tx, FD`s.

RIVER
      Both draws got there. Better to c/f? Would probably shove on a blank.
  • 6 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey dienaszaglis,

Preflop is fine.

Maybe you should bet bigger on this 9:d2:sT flop, there are so many of villain hands that have some type of draw.

Turn is fine, 4 is a great card for you, and villain won't necessarily call pot-sized now that his equity with any draw has been halfed.

River is basically one of the worst cards in the deck. Check/folding is fine. Villain will often check back any Tx or other hand with weak showdown.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I like you bigger sizing because we actually up against a fish in 3bet pot and some protection could come in handy.

Easy 3barrel unless there is only one card needed for a the straight i might consider checking it. We even have a the As so i am really not worried about the flush.

So unless next two cards are 87,jq ,j8, kq i am not c/f ing river.

Diena knowing how many hands you have of him is crucial so be sure to include that always.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      We stand about 50/50 here against

JJ-88,44,22,ATs,KTs-K9s,QTs-Q9s,J9s+,T3s+,KsQs,KsJs,QsJs,Ks7s,Qs7s,Js7s,9s7s,Ks6s,Qs6s,Js6s,9s6s,7s6s,Ks5s,Qs5s,Js5s,9s5s,7s5s,6s5s,Ks4s,Qs4s,Js4s,7s4s,6s4s,5s4s,Ks3s,Qs3s,Js3s,ATo,KTo,QTo+,JTo,T7o+

Slimming this range wouldn't change much i gave him a lot of flushes. We should push because of money in the pot.

Why shouldn't we ?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Dracsharp

Slimming this range wouldn't change much i gave him a lot of flushes. We should push because of money in the pot.

Why shouldn't we ?
      Hey Dracsharp,

2 reasons.

1 - When you are value-betting it doesn't actually make a difference if there is money in the pot. It's only when you are calling that the money in the pot matters.

2 - Even if we are 50/50 and villain calls with his entire range it means our value bet would be break-even. I can see him folding out some of the hands in that range you gave him in which case our value bet would lose us money.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Yes but when we check to him, what does he bet.

Sadly op didn't give much info he might turn hands into bluffs, he might only bet value, he might bet them all.

What if he bets 1$ , or 2$ or 0.5$ or shoves ?

When would you call, and wouldn't betting yourself would be far superior ?

He likely only bets those which beats us but calls with marginals ones too.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      When would you call, and wouldn't betting yourself would be far superior ?

He likely only bets those which beats us but calls with marginals ones too.
      The EV of check/folding is 0. If we make a loss by value-betting it can never be superior to check/folding.

It doesn't matter if villain occasionally calls with worse hands. In order for a value bet to be profitable he needs to have a worse hand when he calls 50% of the time or more. If he only has a worse hand 10% of the time when he calls we will make a loss.

What if he bets 1$ , or 2$ or 0.5$ or shoves ?
      Mathematically speaking, the smaller he bets the more likely I am to call. Most of the time I'd fold.