Hero ($2)
      UTG ($2.18)
      UTG+1 ($1.75)
      UTG+2 ($0.73)
      MP1 ($2)
      CO ($1.20)
      BTN ($1.26)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, MP1 raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.06, UTG+1 calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.25) Q:heart: 2:club: T:club:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14, UTG+1 folds

TURN ($0.53) Q:heart: 2:club: T:club: 2:heart:

Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14

RIVER ($0.81) Q:heart: 2:club: T:club: 2:heart: K:club:

Hero checks, MP1 checks
      MP1 shows J:diamond: T:diamond: (Pre 41%, Flop 20.6%, Turn 4.5%)Hero shows Q:club: A:spade: (Pre 59%, Flop 79.4%, Turn 95.5%)Hero wins $0.77

I call because his iso raise range is probably wider here and he wanted to have the looser player for himself

I decide to check call on the flop as I presume he will continue with his agression

turn doesnt change much...his bet is on the weaker side and I decide to call again...wasnt sure about the raise here...should I have gone for it?

river is somewhat scarecard so I just check behind and take it to showdown
  • 4 replies
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I would decide on the pre call depending how reliable that info is on him, i guess with only 2/2 cbet not much so i like the call.

On flop right away i would raise him for value, if it turns out he was inducing and actually bit fishy because of we can easily let it go. But calling this barely halfpot multiway and him likely checking turn wouldn't be sufficient value for our hand.

bet turn too

River is easy c/f
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey HrabriLavek,

Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      I call because his iso raise range is probably wider here and he wanted to have the looser player for himself
      Yup fine. Because in a lot of situations when an 10/7 opens in MP and you are OOP in the blinds your AQo isn't really worth that much. You should expect to be behind his range. But if you think he is raising wider due to limper then your call is fine.

I decide to check call on the flop as I presume he will continue with his agression
      This would be a good option if you were heads up. 3 way I would tend towards donk-betting. You don't really want both players to see a free card on such a board. Also there is a weak player in the hand whom you may be able to immediately extract value from. I'd probably bet.

turn doesnt change much...his bet is on the weaker side and I decide to call again...wasnt sure about the raise here...should I have gone for it?
      Given his bet sizing I think he basically never has anything strong. If he did he would want to protect on this board. He could easily have a draw, I think raising for value is a decent option.

"Checking behind" implies you are in position and close the action which isn't the case. However you are correct that the river is a poor card for you and you can't really bet for value.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      This would be a good option if you were heads up. 3 way I would tend towards donk-betting. You don't really want both players to see a free card on such a board. Also there is a weak player in the hand whom you may be able to immediately extract value from. I'd probably bet.

"Checking behind" implies you are in position and close the action which isn't the case. However you are correct that the river is a poor card for you and you can't really bet for value.
      yeah...agree with donking on the flop to get value from the looser guy...wasnt thinking straight

pardon my "checking behind" was doing a fast writedown between sessions :)
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      pardon my "checking behind" was doing a fast writedown between sessions :)
      It's cool, easy mistake. I was just checking there wasn't a misunderstanding there somewhere :)