[NL2-NL10] [NL4 SH] Turn flush, easy fold?

• vilistaja
      vilistaja
      Bronze
      Microgaming - €0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: €7.88
      Hero (CO): €4.80
      BTN: €2.92
      SB: €8.71
      BB: €4.06
      UTG: €9.81

SB posts SB €0.02, BB posts BB €0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.06) Hero has 9:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to €0.12, BTN calls €0.12, fold, BB calls €0.08

Flop: (€0.38, 3 players) 7:heart: J:diamond: 7:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets €0.24, BTN calls €0.24, fold

Turn: (€0.86, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      Hero bets €0.56, BTN raises to €2.56 and is all-in, Hero ...??

Opponent is decent player over 92 hands w/ 21/20, 3-bet 3%

Preflop i put him on suited broadways and pocket pairs and i think on flop he calls with flushdraws and some pocket pairs 77+ i think. On turn i think he raises there with only flush, which beat us since i don't think he can have low flush considering his preflop calling range and i don't think he shoves there with 99 or TT so easy fold?
  • 2 replies
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      He doesn't even has full bi, so not that decent.

I like cbetting flop, but our draw is not that strong on a paired board.

Turn easy bet/broke he might do it with tp to make 1 card fds pay, maybe he has 7x.

Sometimes he will have better flush but he could just as well have weaker ones and tp-s and trips.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey vilistaja,

I'm not convinced your opponent is that good if he is not sitting with a full stack.

Preflop open is fine.

Flop cbet is fine, you should have some fold equity, + you have a flush-draw.

On the turn value-betting is the best option. When you get raised it's pretty tough, but folding is probably the best option. Many opponents will only have full-houses and flushes here, because they will flat-call with hands like Jx and draws.

Recent history factors into decisions like this. If villain has been playing pretty tight and this is the first time he's done something like this, it us a straight-forward fold.

If he's been playing wildly and shoving allin a lot postflop like this, there is always the chance he can do this with a draw, or a 7x and I would call.