SB: €4.17
      BB: €4.05
      UTG: €4.06
      Hero (MP): €6.46
      CO: €2.11
      BTN: €7.81

SB posts SB €0.02, BB posts BB €0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.06) Hero has A:club: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to €0.12, fold, fold, SB raises to €0.36, fold, Hero raises to €0.80, SB calls €0.44

Flop: (€1.64, 2 players) Q:spade: A:spade: Q:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets €1.00, SB calls €1.00

Turn: (€3.64, 2 players) J:heart:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: (€3.64, 2 players) 6:spade:
      SB bets €2.37 and is all-in, Hero ...??

Very hard river for me, but i want to know are my thoughts correct?

Opponent is seems more like solid player, and has 4% 3bet so after he called my 4 bet i think it is ok to assume that he has, QQ,JJ,AQs, AK. Now i am thinking is my Cbet even correct?, but if i check it i have no plan, only thing that seems legit when checking flop is fold turn to bet especially when turn is J.

As played i think call is ok since we need 28% equity and against QQ, AQs, AK we get 33%. I think he will fold JJ on flop and i even think if he has QQ or AQ he would raise them before river, so it would be wrong to fold here.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey villistaja,

4bet preflop is fine. In some cases if you felt opponent would respond tightly to 4bets, flatting may be a decent option.

You gave your opponent a range of QQ,JJ,AQs, AK. If this was really his range then cbetting would not be correct. Opponent probably folds JJ and continues with a range that has you beat.

I would assume villains range is a bit wider. He probably has a few more PP's than you might expect and sometimes even suited connectors. (It's not necessarily a good play for him to have these hands, but players do it).

Even in this situation betting doesn't make sense. With the board paired as it is you don't even need to worry about hands like AJ hitting a jack. By betting opponent will fold out most worse hands and continue with a range you don't do well against. Best option is to play passively and let villain bluff.

If he checks to you again on turn/river you can maybe think about putting in a small value-bet/s.

As played, your analysis of the river is pretty decent. If your assumption about villains range is accurate you are correct that you have a marginal call.
      However we'd only need to add KQ to his range and a few suited spades, and that quickly changes. I'd probably fold.

I think the problems with this hand started on the flop though, and you could have avoided this tricky river spot entirely.