[NL2-NL10] AKs BU

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Villain stats are 24/17 AF 1.3 over 50 hands...so far he always cbets both flop and turn

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($0.77)
      BB ($4.44)
      UTG ($2)
      UTG+1 ($0.68)
      UTG+2 ($2.08)
      CO ($2.25)
      Hero ($2)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, fold, BB calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.25) A:heart: K:spade: 6:spade:

BB bets $0.02, CO raises to $0.22, Hero calls $0.22, BB folds

TURN ($0.71) A:heart: K:spade: 6:spade: 7:club:

CO bets $0.51, Hero calls $0.51

RIVER ($1.73) A:heart: K:spade: 6:spade: 7:club: T:spade:

CO checks, Hero bets $0.68, CO folds

Hero shows K:club: A:club:

Hero wins $1.65

I call because I have position on him, he is probably a bit looser opening from MP, he has folded to 3bet on 1 occasion and I just think I can get more value with calling and letting him do the betting for me if I hit...loose player from the blinds enters the pot which is a bonus

I call the flop because I think if he probably raised on the flop he will bet the turn too, I put him on Ax hand most probably

He bets the turn again and I call thinking he might fire any of his Ax hands on the river too...not sure was my mistake here not raising him? dont know if any card but spade is scary for him

He checks the river and I go for thinner value here...I presume he doesnt have a flush but he might call a bit smaller bet with his AQ/AJ even if he was able to fire 2 barrels with AT he might call here...
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey HrabriLavek,

Preflop. I like your flat vs opponent with possibly high Ft3bet. It would be good if more people did this rather than snap 3betting AKs from any position.

Your flat on the flop is fine, especially if you think villain may cbet/barrel quite wide. Raising is also a legitimate option - 3way there is a higher chance at least one opponent has a draw he may continue with. Vs unknowns I'd tend towards raising.

Your turn flat is fine. Again raising is definitely an option. I'd be more inclined to raise flop than turn though, because a turn raise looks that much stronger. Having said that, if you expect villain to shut down on the river without a hand, you are not necessarily gaining anything by letting him see a free river, so I'd probably raise small anyway. It's your last opportunity to extract value from any draws in his range.

You river play is fine. You likely have the best hand, but it is difficult to extract value on a T river. Small bet works well.