[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 AQs 04-02-13 (zoom)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $3.84 (76.8 bb)
      SB: $3.63 (72.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5 (100 bb)
      UTG: $4.41 (88.2 bb)
      MP: $5.13 (102.6 bb)
      CO: $5.07 (101.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.08, Hero calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.30) 2 K 3 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.05, Hero calls $0.05, MP raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.75) 7 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.32, MP calls $0.32, SB calls $0.22

River: ($1.71) K (3 players)
      SB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70, MP raises to $4.56 and is all-in, SB calls $2.36 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.73 and is all-in

Hi,
      After I had just lost 2 buyins with KK preflop, this hand happend.

Preflop:
      They both seemed a tad loose, Decided to keep tem both in the pot, would it have been better to iso here?

Flop:
      Decided to call for the implied.

Turn:
      My raise is to small, I have to protect against a paired board?

River:
      Was actually giving up in my mind, thinking there was atleast one Kx noob here, when MP shoved, I just went completely redfaced, SB calls, and my mind in my back of my head was screaming fold, but apparently I wanted to win more than fold.
      Can I still call a multiway like this, I only beat lower flushes, which properly wouldn't raise/shove the river...

SB:

MP:
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi

Preflop: I would definitely 3 bet for value and to possibly isolate Sb.

Postflop: calling the flop to keep both in is fine.

I do think that we should raise turn bigger for pure value and not necessarily for protection. I'd make it at least 0.7 or so.

On the river we should just shove. Any kx calls and there are worse flushes too.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      So in other words the fact that SB got his fullhouse, is not the reason I played it badly?

I just have lost so much confident in the past days especially on boards like this.
      Plus feels like KK is my worst winning hand at the time being, I know that vriance is there and I loose sometimes manny times in a row, but I am really starting to think pokerstars hate me or something...

SB had Kd7d and the other guy had 5c6c, I guess it's just... make a note and move on, get them next time?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Resilence
      So in other words the fact that SB got his fullhouse, is not the reason I played it badly?

I just have lost so much confident in the past days especially on boards like this.
      Plus feels like KK is my worst winning hand at the time being, I know that vriance is there and I loose sometimes manny times in a row, but I am really starting to think pokerstars hate me or something...

SB had Kd7d and the other guy had 5c6c, I guess it's just... make a note and move on, get them next time?
      Think about it like this.

If SB had K7 does that not mean that he can have any other Kx hand?

This unfortunately is just part of variance that will not show up on your "ev graph".

You can post the hands with KK so we can take a look and see if we spot anything if you want to.