This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl25 SH QQ

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $7.76 (31 bb)
      BB: $18.46 (73.8 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $25 (100 bb)
      MP: $10 (40 bb)
      CO: $27.86 (111.4 bb)
      BTN: $31.50 (126 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q Q
      Hero raises to $0.75, MP folds, CO calls $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.60) 3 6 8 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, CO calls $1.70, BTN folds

Turn: ($6) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.75, Hero calls $3.75

River: ($13.50) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $21.66 and is all-in, Hero???

villain is unknown but i had a few hands vs him before and i ended up cbetting flop and check/folding the turn when he bet IP. so i decided to let him float me here on the turn.

on this river im really stuck because why would he play a big value hand like this? i'm folding pretty much everything right? or is the idea to make me think exactly that and make a hero call pretty light...
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

If he called flop once and bet turn he can just have had a hand. I would just continue vbetting here since I will also barrel vs floaters if balance was a semi concern for you. He is never folding a pair, he has so many pair + redraw type hands that check back turn it's kind of ridic to check/call here imo. You can bet or check/raise in aggro dynamic and kind of leveling scenario but check/call seems like worst option for me.

River, as played is a snap fold. Overbet, range with plenty of value hands.. Not much you can do.