[NL2-NL10] 1. NL10 SH AQs

• treyking
      treyking
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $11.61 (116.1 bb)
      MP: $31.86 (318.6 bb)
      CO: $9 (90 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $23.79 (237.9 bb)
      SB: $10 (100 bb)
      BB: $10.92 (109.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.20, CO raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds, MP calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.35) 8 Q 6 (3 players)
      MP checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.50, MP folds, CO calls $0.90

Turn: ($4.35) 3 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $3.10, CO calls $3.10

River: ($10.55) J (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $10.55 pot ($0.47 rake)
      Final Board: 8 Q 6 3 J
      CO showed K K and won $10.08 ($5.08 net)
      Hero mucked Q A and lost (-$5 net)

Stats:MP:43/30/9,3/127 ,CO:32/7/3,5/220

I think I should izolate that fish on MP preflop and 3bet it.

Anyways...as played ...what about post flop ? CO donked small sizing ,so I though he could have something like weak pair of queens ,some PP or Flush draw so I chose raise.

Turn value cbet.

River check behind ,I don't think he could give me some more value with range I gave him and he calls only with better hand.
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Treyking,

Preflop: A raise preflop would be a 4-bet and I agree with you that we should look at raising there for value. I would still plan to fold to a shove from CO though.

Postflop: As played both flop and turn look fine (and CO didn't donk as he was the preflop 3-bettor, he simply cbet) and on the river we may still have some value from QK type hands and maybe some AK. What range did you exactly give him (you just said weak Kx, pairs, flush draws but listing them will help you out better in seeing what he can have on the river).

As a side note, once you post a reply and would like a judge to take another look please hit the "advise judge to take another look" button.

Best regards,

Bogdan
    • treyking
      treyking
      Bronze
      yes....sorry I didnt see that min. 3bet preflop :-) thanks for your reply :s_grin:

I gave him KJo/KJs+ ,maybe bad played AKo/s ,T9s he could have I think ,some PP ,like QQ,JJ,TT ...cant have sets or very strong made hands ,that's right...I should go there form some thin value,I should use equi lab.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by treyking
      yes....sorry I didnt see that min. 3bet preflop :-) thanks for your reply :s_grin:

I gave him KJo/KJs+ ,maybe bad played AKo/s ,T9s he could have I think ,some PP ,like QQ,JJ,TT ...cant have sets or very strong made hands ,that's right...I should go there form some thin value,I should use equi lab.
      The fact that we just called the min 3-bet doesn't narrow his range. Min 3-bets from tighter fish are usually strong hands like JJ+, AK.

What was his 3-bet like over 220 hands as I'd assume the 3.5 is the aggression?
    • treyking
      treyking
      Bronze
      that 5.2 stat is 3bet total. thats % of 3bet over the sample from any position.
    • treyking
      treyking
      Bronze
      This hand is totaly chaotic now as I didnt know that he made min 3bet preflop :f_biggrin: I simply didnt see it :f_biggrin: ,cause I didnt look to original preflop raiser sizing ,i though that CO just called,that's my mistake....anyway...If I knew it I would choose 4bet preflop for something like 12BB and fold to shove from CO and I think I would play for a stack on that board in the 4bet spot if he just calls my 4bet preflop.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by treyking
      This hand is totaly chaotic now as I didnt know that he made min 3bet preflop :f_biggrin: I simply didnt see it :f_biggrin: ,cause I didnt look to original preflop raiser sizing ,i though that CO just called,that's my mistake....anyway...If I knew it I would choose 4bet preflop for something like 12BB and fold to shove from CO and I think I would play for a stack on that board in the 4bet spot if he just calls my 4bet preflop.
      Yes, if he would of called our 4-bet we would play for stacks with TP.

If Co was a regular lets say and made a better 3-bet size we can consider that as almost an isolation raise versus the min raise of the fish. A lot of regulars raise with a wide range when faced with a min raise (for good reasons). But with a fish it's a bit different.

And 5% 3-bet is not small. If he had like 1-2% over that sample I'd be worried, but 5% and facing a min raise can give him a much wider range.