[NL2-NL10] 2 NL10 SH KQo BB

• treyking
      treyking
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $11.60 (116 bb)
      Hero (BB): $10.60 (106 bb)
      MP: $9.70 (97 bb)
      CO: $10.95 (109.5 bb)
      BTN: $16.50 (165 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q K
      3 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60) K 2 K (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.40) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.95, Hero calls $0.95

River: ($3.30) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.30, Hero folds

Results:
      $3.30 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: K 2 K 8 4
      SB mucked and won $3.15 ($1.50 net)
      Hero mucked Q K and lost (-$1.65 net)

Stats:24/20/4,2/362

Preflop just call ,I think I have some equity there he was openin 70% range from SB.

Flop I flopped trips ,thats quite cool ,I chose to slowplay it.

Turn FD comes ,but I still just call ,I want him to give me his chips ,I dont want him to fold ,so I didnt raise it (I think it could be mistake ) :-(

River I'm forced to fold ,I'm not sure if he can shot 3 barrels with some weaker hand ,I think it was played too weaaaaaak.

Thanks for your opinion . :s_love:
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Treyking,

Preflop: How often does villain call 3-bets? We can make an argument for 3-betting for thin value preflop. IF he folds a lot to 3-bets then calling is fine.

Postflop: I think that folding the river with our hand is a huge mistake. Even with a weaker hand it would be hard because keep in mind that we played our hand super passive and villain can easily valuebet a worse Kx on the river. So there's no way we should be folding there. Remember, you said he steal 70% which means that he has any Kx in his range and he can valuebet thin versus pairs.

Now back to flop or turn. IF our image is aggro I actually don't mind raising the flop for value because people may not believe you there and call lighter. If our image is not aggressive than calling flop and raising turn is fine as well. We want to raise the turn to maximize value from AA and worse Kx. And since you said he has 70% SB range he can have draws, a LOT of worse Kx and even AA and other pairs that can call there. I'd make it 2.5 x or so.
    • treyking
      treyking
      Bronze
      Ok I can see it now too :s_grin: I chose preflop call ,because he folded 100% to 3bet OOP.

I was thinking about raising turn and I didnt do it . Yes I had tight image so I wanted him to get me his chips ,but I could raise the turn for sure ....

So...raise turn and 4bet all-in if he makes 3bet and call all-in if he 3bet shoves ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by treyking
      Ok I can see it now too :s_grin: I chose preflop call ,because he folded 100% to 3bet OOP.

I was thinking about raising turn and I didnt do it . Yes I had tight image so I wanted him to get me his chips ,but I could raise the turn for sure ....

So...raise turn and 4bet all-in if he makes 3bet and call all-in if he 3bet shoves ?
      Yes, we would look to stack off although I'd expect him calling most of the time in which case we just bet the river.