Newbie question about improving hands

• Werkon
      Werkon
      Bronze
      Hi guys, I'm quite new, been playing Mansion for about 2 weeks now, in green numbers :) .

I have one question about hands, that improve "too much". For example, I got dealt 2d 3d and I'm BB and get a free play. Flop comes with 4d 5d 6d. I think - great, I have a flush and shove my money in. But turn and river show 7d 8d (highly unlikely, I know :) ). So now everyone gets the flush only from community cards. If someone isn't holding any monster which can beat the flush, the pot if going to be splitted equally between all players ?

One more question about flushes though. As I understood, they are classified by the highest card only. Does that mean that a flush of 2346A is stronger than 789TK ?

• 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Welcome Werkon!

To answer your questions about flushes:

If the board shows 3 4 7 8 and T all of :heart: and you have got 52 :heart: . If you went to showdown and neither of your villains got a higher card than a Ten of :heart: it is a split pot yes.
      So QJ of :spade: would split with you in the end for example.

About your 2nd question: Ace high flush is considered a nut-flush because the Ace is considered the highest card. Therefore a flush of A2346 is stronger than KT987 ;)

I hope this makes sense, good luck at the tables!
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Welcome Werkon!

To answer your questions about flushes:

If the board shows 3 4 7 8 and T all of :heart: and you have got 52 :heart: . If you went to showdown and neither of your villains got a higher card than a Ten of :heart: it is a split pot yes.
      So QJ of :spade: would split with you in the end for example.

About your 2nd question: Ace high flush is considered a nut-flush because the Ace is considered the highest card. Therefore a flush of A2346 is stronger than KT987 ;)

I hope this makes sense, good luck at the tables!
      Wrong That hand isn't a split pot, because you are holding the 5. it goes on the best 5 cards, not just the highest one.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Deleted
    • Werkon
      Werkon
      Bronze
      Okay, thank you guys for answers.