This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH20 - blind defense KTo

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze

$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($6.74) 34bb
      UTG+1 ($17.60) 88bb
      CO ($20) 100bb
      BTN ($20) 100bb
      SB ($19.20) 96bb
      hero (BB) ($26.78) 134bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 6 players) hero is BB K T
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.60, 1 fold, hero calls $0.40

He likes to 4B against resteals so i just called.
      [B]Which hands would be good as a bluffshove after his 4Bet given he has a huge bluff 4B range????[/B
      Something like A5s, 87s or rather KQ?

Flop: J 6 T ($1.30, 2 players)
      hero checks, BTN bets $1, hero raises to $2.80, BTN calls $1.80

Went for a c/r since he folds a lot folds more than 55% to raises in generell.
      And i don't want to c/c since the board won't get prettier for me.

I'm not sure afterwards if it's the best board for this play since it hits his range well and because of this i rather should c/f.

Turn: A ($6.90, 2 players)
      hero bets $4.60, BTN goes all-in $16.60, hero folds

He calls so he could be on a flushdraw or has a TP/OvP type of hand.
      The Ad is good since it reduces his flushdraws so i continued to rep a flush.

Final Pot: $16.10
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Howdi,

@3bet/5bet: Pairs are best to start with. They need the least folding equity because they have the highest equity, then Axs blocks many value combos and has OK-ish equity though not as high as pairs. Axs is usually playable with a call though, while pairs are often fit or fold so don't make money post OOP.

@hand: board doesn't get prettier for you but when flushes hit you should often have the flush as well, same goes for straight. When you c/r your reasonable showdown value hand you kind of let him off easy imo. It should be plus EV to c/r but once you get called, I think this is not the hand to rep a flush with. Have a flushdraw imo, block some of his flushes.. here you basically block stuff like AK, KJ, AT that could fold turn or river so his flush combos are a better ratio compared to other hands than when you have complete air imo.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Haven't thought much about blocking certain parts of a range when making a move, another topic to work on :)

Thanks for the advice on 3/5bets!!