Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20.10)
      BB ($39.68)
      UTG ($17.71)
      CO ($44.78)
      Hero ($20)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, SB raises to $1.80, fold, Hero calls $1.20

FLOP ($3.80) 7:spade: A:diamond: 6:spade:

SB bets $2, Hero calls $2

TURN ($7.80) 7:spade: A:diamond: 6:spade: Q:heart:

SB bets $5.80, Hero calls $5.80

RIVER ($19.40) 7:spade: A:diamond: 6:spade: Q:heart: J:heart:

SB bets $10.50 (AI), Hero calls $10.40 (AI)

33/27 48h

he could 3bet bluff easily. And gives such good odds when he is OOP, so easy call.

Flop I guess is ok. I could raise maybe to get calls from weaker aces and draws. Not sure what is better.

Now the sizing gets much bigger than on flop, so not sure what to put him on. I had top 2 pair, so called. But maybe my 2 pair is not good anymore hen he bets that big.
      He could still have AQ so we split. But with AJ, AK on the turn he should not bet that big. Flopped sets and 2 pairs might bet on flop biggget instead of turn. Or can they bet flop small and once they see me calling, they expect me to have Ax hand so now bet bigger?

River - if he has AJ - its good for me. Then he has AK also. J probably does not change much - if I am beat, I am beat already on the turn.
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Call seems fine, 4bet is also an option. I don't like 4bet/fold so you would need to 4bet/call. That play isn't profitable if you are not 4bet bluffing a lot and he is not 5betting a very wide range.

Assuming you have a tighter image, calling is the best play.

Postflop: I don't see any other play than to call down. I don't think raising at any point in time makes sense. You also have the Ace of spade, which blocks off possible flush combos from his range.

Thanks.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      If turn was blank instead of Q, would you still call the same bets on turn and river?

What range you put him on turn habing in mind that bet size is increased comparing to flop?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I dont think u should read too much into betsizing. Assuming the river wasnt a jack, i think we should call down with aq by default unless we had good reads that he never bluffs the river. Aj would be a fold though.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Assuming the river wasnt a jack, i think we should call down with aq by default unless we had good reads that he never bluffs the river.

I don't think average opoennts bluff river in this spot. I think specific read would be that he is capable of 3barel bluffing river in 3bet pot.