[NL2-NL10] nl10 JJ

• xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $13.45 (134.5 bb)
      Hero (MP): $10 (100 bb)
      CO: $7.46 (74.6 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)
      SB: $10.10 (101 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J J
      CO posts BB OOP, Hero raises to $0.50, CO raises to $0.90, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($2) A A A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.40, CO raises to $2.30, Hero raises to $9.10 and is all-in, CO calls $4.21 and is all-in

Turn: ($15.02) K (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: ($15.02) T (2 players, 2 are all-in)

1 tabling first hand at table
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

What do you think his preflop range is?
      What do you think his Flop range is?

If his preflop range is wide, you should want to 4bet preflop for value.
      If his preflop range is tight, I agree with calling the 3bet. A tight range of QQ+/AK still has you crushed on this AAA flop. You might want to reflect on your Flop play.

Post your replies, and I'll try to give my explanation for the best play.

Thanks.
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      pre I called because hes not full stacked most likely not so good. and he min 3b so I call as im should be ok eq wise except we are oop so we may not realise our eq till river.
      his range is mostyly Ax TT+ which on this flop im dead ,but in my head I was Ax 1 combo , QQ,KK 16, but he , ,must stack off like TT 99 88 that my stack off would be +ev and this so overoptimistic
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      If we think his 3bet range is wide, then I would just prefer 4betting it right away.
      Makes sense?

If we think his 3bet range is tight, we should call and either try to hit a set, or play it more passively postflop and try to get to showdown with an overpair on a low board.

So given the logic, you flat preflop which means you probably think there isn't too much value getting it in preflop and you want to play it cautiously. On the flop, while it is much less likely for him to have AX (4 combos of AK, 4 combos of AQ), we are still losing to KK/QQ/AK/AQ which are all never folding and are a huge part of his range.

Unless you think he has a ton of worse hands that are stacking off, I don't really agree with raising the Flop. I don't think you are getting too much value from worse full houses anyway. I prefer just calling the Flop despite him betting so small. If he checks the Turn, then we can very comfortably value bet the River.

Thanks.