UTG: $22.25 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 14, 3B: 9, AF: 4.8, Hands: 214
      Hero (MP): $50.00 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 22, 3B: 11, AF: 4.9, Hands: 152931
      CO: $54.05 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 14, 3B: 5, AF: 2.0, Hands: 263
      BTN: $50.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 18, 3B: 7, AF: 4.1, Hands: 3307
      SB: $52.50 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 16, 3B: 7, AF: 1.9, Hands: 874
      BB: $247.40 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 19, 3B: 6, AF: 2.0, Hands: 712

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP with T :spade: 9 :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) 4 :club: T :club: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.25) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $6.50, BB raises to $18, Hero folds

Villain:
      Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I bet flop as a semibluff almost.

I bet turn because I don't expect Villain to be able to stand heat
      over several barrels on a board like this, after assuming that he x/r set on flop, etc.

His Turn raise makes me suspicious, if he could be just playing this way as a bluff, since turn doesnt really improve his range too much unless is 76s which is gutshot. Slowplayed sets might be still, but it's sick to play it that way. Maybe he's just misplaying set.

Do I JAM turn if I have QQ+ and better value hands assuming his line doesn't make sense with sets too much?

Do you think my bet sizing is too small, which may led him to play back at this spot?
  • 2 replies
    • LockONNN
      LockONNN
      Bronze
      Hello Anger86,
      I think you are missing some concepts. Flop is a standard bet for value+protection. It's true that probably there is no worse top pairs in his range but there is a lot of worse hands to get value from. He's VPIP is somehow high so you can expect even a larger range from him. Bet and get paid by hands like: 98, 87, J9, A8, Ad4d, 99, flush draw, maybe 97s and some overcards with backdoor draws.
      For the same reason you have to b/f the turn. He can play a set and top pair like that. From time to time some draws. I think that with no more info is a standard fold turn.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heyoo,

LockONNN has some good points although I don't agree entirely with him. You can't really protect your hand here since you basically don't have a hand worth protecting. Any flushdraw is flipping with you but has position and all the other worse hands don't have huge equity. Now you also see that there are quite a few better hands that call and your bet for value is almost impossible. It's still there but it;s very thin anyway and I am leaning towards agree with you in the sense that your hand is almost a semi-bluff.

When I have this sort of hand I would often think if I could bluffcatch it better than value bet it or bluff it. T9s without BD flush is prob a bit too weak so I would bet/fold it often as a merged bet so to speak.. you get some value, you make him fold some equity and sometimes you might make him fold a slightly better hand like JTs because you raised from MP. It's really close and hard to put the hand into a clear category basically.

@QQ+: I think you should have enough hands such as sets, 76s in this spot to not have to call reasonably ahead/way behind situation and you could prob think about some hands that are just as much ahead but way less behind like nutflushdraws with a pair to bet/call or bet/shove as a semi-bluff.

I think you turn sizing is fine btw, I wouldn't make it much different.