Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($23.01) 115bb
      b0gd4n3l (CO) ($33.94) 170bb
      BTN ($20) 100bb
      SB ($22.14) 111bb
      BB ($8.68) 43bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 5 players) b0gd4n3l is CO Q:heart: Q:club:
      UTG raises to $0.80, b0gd4n3l raises to $2.20, 3 folds, UTG raises to $5.60, b0gd4n3l calls $3.40

Flop: A:diamond: 2:diamond: 2:club: ($9.30, 2 players)
      UTG checks, b0gd4n3l bets $5.70, UTG folds

Final Pot: $15

b0gd4n3l wins $16.63 (net +$7.53)

UTG lost $5.60

Additional notes on villain:
      -sometimes opens 3x sometimes 4x
      -3bet 4x QJs bb vs sb

I wasn't sure that I want to get it in in this couple of positions so I called his 4bet, on the flop he instachecked so I decided to fire a cbet and instafolded.

1.Is my call wrong?
      2.My bet on the flop is ok? or it should be bigger or shouldn't be any bet?
      3.The sizing of my 3bet looks weak?Should be bigger?
      3.In this positions is ok to get it in with QQ/AK?
  • 2 replies
    • LockONNN
      LockONNN
      Bronze
      Hi b0gd4n3l, I don't think its a good spot to call his 4bet. Why did you 3bet/call? Does he 4bet light light in these positions and you want to keep all his bluffing range in?
      I don't like the play because I don't think he is ever light in this spot without any specific reads. If you think his 4beting range is very strong (KK+) and you don't want to get all the chips in I prefer just to call PF and play aggainst a wider range in position.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Vs such a 'standard' UTG but huge fold to 3bet I think you don't get much, if any value with QQ so I would just call pre.

If you 3bet, it makes more sense to not fold to the 4bet obviously but we are kind of discussing logic and EV which don't go hand in hand. You should be reasonably behind when you get 4bet (though you have position and are not drawing dead ofc). Logic says you shouldn't 3bet if you don't get 4bet or called by worse but if you did it means you believe you do get value but EV from stats says you won't get value. I believe this to be an important mistake in your initial approach but I can't say that after you 3bet, calling is the worst option. It's probably better than 3bet/fold and 3bet/5betting.

Postflop, I'd just check back. A flushdraw bets, Ax usually bets unless it wants to check/call and AA can slowplay. Basically, air bets a lot on that flop, checks can be pot control and air is way behind anyway, there's no big benefit to get him to fold compared to the times we get called.

Your 3bet sizing is fine, would usually do 2.40 but given his big pre raise, it's OK to do 2.20 as well.

QQ/AK broke is always an 'it depends' answer. Against a tight guy that folds to 3bets it's not a going broke situation.