BB: 100.4 BB
      UTG: 108.5 BB
      MP: 41.2 BB
      Hero (CO): 107.3 BB
      BTN: 24.6 BB
      SB: 143.9 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:diamond: A:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, SB raises to 10 BB, fold, Hero calls 7 BB

Flop: (21 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond: 7:diamond: 3:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 12 BB, SB raises to 24 BB, Hero calls 12 BB

Turn: (69 BB, 2 players) 6:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets 10 BB, fold

Hero shows Q:diamond: A:club: (High Card, Ace)
      Hero wins 65.55 BB

24 hands, VPiP 26 PFR 17

Is it ok call IP against unknown? Or 4bet, because I expect him to play honestly since I am also unknown to him.

Is it ok to try to steal the pot when he checks? On this board he either wants to check raise and protect from fd or to give up. So is my bet size ok? His raises size was telling me he doesnt want to protect, but his hand looks more like made flush or bluff, so I just call and plan to fold turn on non diamond. Is my bet size ok on turn, when he checks again? I didnt want to risk betting 50% again and get raised, I think he gives up anyway if he plans so, and my bet on turn is probably for value.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      Hey mlatasrb,

I wouldn't flat AQo vs unknown 3bettor in speed poker. If I had even just a few hands and seen that they'd 3bet once over that small sample I may call. Same with 4betting in speed. I like at least 1 3bet on the HUD stat. (Even if it's just 3 hands).

With two blank cards a steal on the flop might be profitable. Given that you hold AQ with a Q high flush draw, pretty much all the hands you are folding out are worse hands. Assuming you do hit a , Q high one card flush is not a hand you want to play a big pot with. I'd probably check back.

The problem with calling flop check-raise is that you suffer form a lot of reverse implied odds. Folding is likely the best option. Even his bluff range is going to have equity vs you, and I find it hard to see him pure bluffing that often.

You evidently had a good read on the situation managing to get an excellent price on your turn bluff. It's likely he follows through with any made hands in his range.