Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:spade: J:diamond:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, CO calls 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (10.5 BB, 3 players) 2:club: 4:club: 4:heart:
      Hero bets 6 BB, CO raises to 12 BB, fold, Hero calls 6 BB

Turn: (34.5 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets 17.25 BB, Hero calls 17.25 BB

River: (69 BB, 2 players) T:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets 34.5 BB, Hero calls 34.5 BB

Hero shows J:spade: J:diamond: (Two Pair, Jacks and Fours) (Pre 85%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
      CO shows 2:diamond: 9:diamond: (Two Pair, Fours and Twos) (Pre 15%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 131.1 BB

7 hands on him, VP 50

My flop bet is probably too small, however I thought I have the best hand mayority of time, and wanted PP to continue playing.

Usually when I bet and get raised multiway I fold almost always with one pair, but this board is specific, he couldnt hit much. He could have 22, or 45s, and probably he slowplays 22, and raises larger 45s. He could do that with fd, overpair against which I am ahead.

Is it better in this case 3 bet min raise (click back), to see if he has nuts?

Should I be afraid of Q on turn? I kind of like more Q than 88,99 because I am hoping that he has PP overpair or fd.

River, fold? Somehow I think he would bet all in with flush or fullhause, so it looked like PP to me and called.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      Is it better in this case 3 bet min raise (click back), to see if he has nuts?
      I think raising is a poor option unless you feel your 3bet is going to get called by worse. He's not really representing anything by raising, it's better to treat your hand as a bluff-catcher imo.

Should I be afraid of Q on turn? I kind of like more Q than 88,99 because I am hoping that he has PP overpair or fd.
      Queen is a pretty safe card imo. Of course he hits it sometimes, but it's not like Qx is a huge part of his range or anything. Far more often he is going to have PP's, flushdraws, 4x, 22 etc. So usually only hits Q specially if he has a Qx flush-draw.

River, fold? Somehow I think he would bet all in with flush or fullhause, so it looked like PP to me and called.
      I think probably it is a river fold. His river bet just doesn't make sense with 55-99. Even if he barrels the Q, he is likely checking back the river with 55-99. Way more often he has hit his flush, had TT, or 4x, 22. He could always be pure bluffing, but I think it's really unlikely given that he had BTN to act behind him on the flop. Take a note on this hand for sure.