Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: 4:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) A:club: K:heart: 2:diamond:
      Hero bets 3 BB, BB calls 3 BB

Turn: (12 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets 6 BB, Hero calls 6 BB

River: (24 BB, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero checks, BB bets 58.85 BB, Hero calls 58.85 BB

BB shows J:heart: T:club: (Straight, Ace High) (Pre 43%, Flop 19%, Turn 9%)
      Hero mucks A:spade: 4:spade: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 57%, Flop 81%, Turn 91%)
      BB wins 134.65 BB

24 hands VPiP 39, PFR 14

Is my cbet size ok with so weak kicker against fish? I did that, because he is IP and can float often and try to steal on turn (which worked fine). On river It looked like air to me, or nuts, and given his call flop small size, bet small turn, all in, I took a risk. Well, this time it didn't work :)
      Off course he could have KQ, TJ on river which makes sense, but there are a lot of PP, and air hands in his range.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      He mlatasrb,

Your flop and turn line is decent and allows you to exploit a player who floats often.

On the River we agree that villain is polarised. It's rare that weak players will turn hands with showdown into a bluff however. He's never turning a Kx or Qx into a bluff, and extremely rarely turning a PP into a bluff. Recreational players don't think like that.

The only hands he will bluff with are things like SC, and it's questionable if these even get past the flop. Unless villain is pure floating you, his entire range has some sort of pair or straight. Also give the pot odds, you need for him to be bluffing over 40% of the time to make the call, which I don't think is happening.

Check/fold river imo.