This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Aq sqeeze

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Platinum
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): 100 BB
      UTG: 95.5 BB
      MP: 162.6 BB
      CO: 135.15 BB
      BTN: 100 BB
      SB: 36.05 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: Q:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 13 BB, CO calls 10 BB, BTN calls 10 BB

Flop: (39.5 BB, 3 players) 5:club: Q:heart: K:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: (39.5 BB, 3 players) 9:diamond:
      Hero bets 6 BB, fold, BTN calls 6 BB

River: (51.5 BB, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero bets 11 BB, fold

Hero shows A:spade: Q:club: (One Pair, Queens)
      Hero wins 48.95 BB

CO 107 hands VP 14, PFR 14,call 3bet 2/2.
      BTN VP 18, PFR 11, F3b 75, fold to cbe on flop 75%

Should I cbet flop? I think they fold their PP here, and there is no weaker Q that would call. So I let one of them bluff, I would especially call BTN because his range is mostly PP, because of his high F3b stat, and he called 2 bet. Is turn bet ok, to get call light from his PP?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      Should I cbet flop? I think they fold their PP here, and there is no weaker Q that would call. So I let one of them bluff, I would especially call BTN because his range is mostly PP, because of his high F3b stat, and he called 2 bet. Is turn bet ok, to get call light from his PP?
      Hey mlatasrb,

I agree that betting flop doesn't make sense. Aside from the occasional TJ,AT,AJ, most of the hands that call will have you beat, while villain is folding most worse hands. I think it's unlikely they will call a squeeze with QJ/QT etc.

I think your turn value bet is fine. You may even be able to bet bigger. I think either villain might call 15-20bbbb with a turned flush-draw or gutshot and sometimes PPs.

Your river bet is fine imo.