[NL2-NL10] AQs EP

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Villain stats are 35/33 AF 1.7
      his 3bet stat is 23 over 80 hands....he is very light on 3betting, atleast when I sat at the table

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.42)
      BB ($2.15)
      UTG ($8.83)
      UTG+1 ($3.76)
      Hero ($2.72)
      MP1 ($2)
      MP2 ($2.03)
      CO ($2.06)
      BTN ($3.82)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.14, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.31) 7:spade: 5:diamond: 4:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

TURN ($0.61) 7:spade: 5:diamond: 4:diamond: 8:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.29, Hero calls $0.29

RIVER ($1.19) 7:spade: 5:diamond: 4:diamond: 8:diamond: 9:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks
      BTN shows 5:club: A:club: (Pre 30%, Flop 52.6%, Turn 0.0%)Hero shows A:diamond: Q:diamond: (Pre 70%, Flop 47.4%, Turn 100.0%)Hero wins $1.14

I call his 3bet because it wasnt high, I saw he is light on 3betting and I think my AQs is ahead of his 3betting range here and I might get more value by calling than by 4betting and to play vs his 4bet calling range, face a 5bet which Ill have to fold or to 4bet and get him fold when I can get probably more value off of him postflop

From my reads he was very agressive at that time on both streets so my plan was to let him bet and get more value like that
      I call the flop because I was with 2 overcards and was on a nutflush draw, I know in these situations and especially in 3bet pots this is a clear raise/shove, but I think since his range is probably on weaker side Ill let him feel like Im weak and if I improve Ill get more out of him

Turn card gives me the nuts, he fires 1/2 bet and I had to make a decision here...to raise or to just call and hope he will 3barrel on river and then raise...I think he would probably fold on a turn raise since the board is wet and his range is weak

I procced with my plan on the river, but he unfortunately just checked behind...the card on the river wasnt that good for me too since it makes the board even more coordinated....I dont think he would call any bet here, maybe a smaller bet...not sure...if he was on a weaker flush or hit a straight(unlikely) he would probably bet anyway and Id get it all in

Was my plan on the turn good or is it just better to raise in that situation...also, any mistake I did before that?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think that flatting against the 3bet is good.

Considering that we are deeper I don't mind calling the flop.

As played, I would definitely raise the turn. We have the nuts so we wan to build up the pot and get the money in until the river.
      I really doubt that he is going to triple barrel as a bluff on this heavy board.

As played, I think we can definitely donk the river here - around $0.75.

Best,
      Plamen