BB: 76.65 BB
      UTG: 90.3 BB
      MP: 100 BB
      CO: 221.35 BB
      Hero (BTN): 100 BB
      SB: 120.6 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:club: K:club:

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, CO raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 6 BB, fold, fold, fold, CO calls 4 BB

Flop: (14.5 BB, 2 players) 6:spade: 5:spade: Q:heart:
      CO bets 7.25 BB, Hero calls 7.25 BB

Turn: (29 BB, 2 players) 5:club:
      CO checks, Hero checks

River: (29 BB, 2 players) 3:club:
      CO checks, Hero bets 16 BB, fold

Hero shows Q:club: K:club: (Two Pair, Queens and Fives)
      Hero wins 27.55 BB

fish 4 hands,
      CO fish 257 hands, VP 29, PFR 8, 3b 2, 4b0, f23b 69.
      Flop donk in 3bet pot 2/3, call 1/3

I was not sure on turn if I should bet, because my kicker is not great, and I cant have 3 streets of value. He minraised the limper, and that looked suspicious to me, givenhis PFR8 and then donk. So I hoped when I ch turn, he might bluff big bet on river.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey mlatasrb,

Looking at the preflop numbers I'm not sure how great your 3bet is. If villain opens an 8% range and folds 69% of it then you are pretty crushed. It may be ok seeing as villain min raised and your 3bet was small....but not necessarily. Only observing your opponent in recent hands can answer this question.

Given a tighter range villain can easily still be donking flop with a variety of worse hands. TT/JJ, AK/AJ, regardless of whether it makes sense to do so. I think flatting is your best option.

When villain checks the turn I would probably bet for value/protection, and bet a decent amount of rivers also. There is a decent chance villain is going to continue firing with his value range. If he's slowplaying a set, he will probably check/raise.

As played you should definitely go for value on river from worse pairs.