$5.47
      MP2:
      $6.86
      MP3:
      $3.74
      CO (Hero):
      $6.02

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.02) T, 5, K (2 players)
      BB bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.20, BB raises to $4.97, Hero calls $2.77.

Turn: ($10.96) 9 (2 players)

River: ($10.96) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.96.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Donut,

Preflop: Calling seems fine given the positions and villain.

Postflop: Is there value in our flop raise? Do you expect villain to bet/fold anything that's ahead of us (and we can't make to fold later on)? Or do you expect him to bet/shove worse hands?

I would look at calling that flop unless villain can have many worse draws stacking off or we can get him to fold better. And I don't really think either would happen.

As a side note, once you reply to the hand please hit the "advise judge to take another look" button so we can see your reply.
    • donut10
      donut10
      Bronze
      IDK if we can get value from flop raise, I suppose we are behind a fair bit, i just thought it would be better to protect my equity in case i just called and turn blanked.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by donut10
      IDK if we can get value from flop raise, I suppose we are behind a fair bit, i just thought it would be better to protect my equity in case i just called and turn blanked.
      If the guy has nothing or a weak hand we pick up the pot from him on the turn anyway.

If he has a valuehand he will go all in so we aren't actually protecting any equity.

So I think that raising the flop here, despite having decent equity versus his potential range (but still behind), is a bit of an overplay.

For example this line would be great if villain would play QJ like this or other weaker FDs (and it's possible he would). But it would also be in our favor if he bet folded JJ/QQ or Tx type hands. Then we achieve part of what a semibluff is good for - getting villain to fold better.
    • donut10
      donut10
      Bronze
      Okay bogdan thanks for the reply