BB: 40 BB
      UTG: 86.55 BB
      Hero (MP): 197 BB
      CO: 40.6 BB
      BTN: 104.1 BB
      SB: 126.45 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:heart: A:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, BB raises to 40 BB and is all-in, fold, fold

BB wins 9.5 BB

BTN31 hands,
      BB 500 hands, VP 18, PFR 17, 3bet 11

We went all in once he had TT

I don't know how to play against shortstackers, they really screw my game. I fold with AJ, AT, suited conncetors, small PP, and call with 99+, AQ+. I can't really look to play tighter when there is shortstacker on table, because there is always 1-3 of them.
      When I call it is mostly 45% equity for me, or worse, when I fold I lose anyway. It is a luck game - rake. The worst thing is there are around 40-50% of shortstackers in NL20 ipoker. Around few weeks ago I tried to play all in against them, and it was so frequent all in (4 tables) I was very unlucky and lost so much money in short time. The worst thing is, I was playing their style of game, which I don't know, and not playing my strategy. So the most of play was all in preflop.

Now I try to avoid them, mostly try to call them IP preflop, I notice they play it weak, they end up almost always all in anyway, but at least I can call them down when I hit.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

This is a simple math problem.

1) Count your pot odds
      2) Assign him a shoving range and use equilab

If you have enough equity, call. If not fold.

Why don't you try this out yourself? Main thing is your assumptions, and I will review your assumptions about his range for you after you are done.

Thanks.