This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AJo

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 40 BB
      UTG: 86.55 BB
      Hero (MP): 197 BB
      CO: 40.6 BB
      BTN: 104.1 BB
      SB: 126.45 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:heart: A:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, BB raises to 40 BB and is all-in, fold, fold

BB wins 9.5 BB

BTN31 hands,
      BB 500 hands, VP 18, PFR 17, 3bet 11

We went all in once he had TT

I don't know how to play against shortstackers, they really screw my game. I fold with AJ, AT, suited conncetors, small PP, and call with 99+, AQ+. I can't really look to play tighter when there is shortstacker on table, because there is always 1-3 of them.
      When I call it is mostly 45% equity for me, or worse, when I fold I lose anyway. It is a luck game - rake. The worst thing is there are around 40-50% of shortstackers in NL20 ipoker. Around few weeks ago I tried to play all in against them, and it was so frequent all in (4 tables) I was very unlucky and lost so much money in short time. The worst thing is, I was playing their style of game, which I don't know, and not playing my strategy. So the most of play was all in preflop.

Now I try to avoid them, mostly try to call them IP preflop, I notice they play it weak, they end up almost always all in anyway, but at least I can call them down when I hit.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

This is a simple math problem.

1) Count your pot odds
      2) Assign him a shoving range and use equilab

If you have enough equity, call. If not fold.

Why don't you try this out yourself? Main thing is your assumptions, and I will review your assumptions about his range for you after you are done.

Thanks.