Hero (BB): 103.9 BB
      UTG: 105.35 BB
      MP: 100 BB
      CO: 117.05 BB
      BTN: 121.45 BB
      SB: 185.35 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 8:club: 8:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, BTN calls 7 BB

Flop: (20.5 BB, 2 players) 6:diamond: J:heart: 8:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 15 BB, Hero calls 15 BB

Turn: (50.5 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 39 BB, Hero raises to 78.9 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 39.9 BB

River: (208.3 BB, 2 players) 4:spade:

Hero shows 8:club: 8:heart: (Four of a Kind, Eights) (Pre 19%, Flop 89%, Turn 100%)
      BTN shows Q:spade: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Queens and Eights) (Pre 81%, Flop 11%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins 197.9 BB

11 hands VP 18

Is 88 ok to 3bet from blinds? It is a bit hard to play, and if I miss, I can't have many value streets. But If I just call preflop, it is also hard to paly oop, and if hit set BU doesnt pay me off.

Is my passive line ok with nuts? People often fold to cbet, so I wanted to keep him in.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

88 from BB is almost always a call here, unless you have aggro preflop dynamic, then you can 5bet jam vs a wide 4bet range.

As played, I really see no reason for you to slowplay unless you think he has a high bet vs missed cbet stat. His bet size is kind of large but I think c/c is fine.

On the turn, I don't see any reason why we should jam. He would jam most rivers with his value hands, and he can bluff. I don't think he bet/calls his flush draws and straight draws.

Thanks.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by mbml
      On the turn, I don't see any reason why we should jam. He would jam most rivers with his value hands, and he can bluff. I don't think he bet/calls his flush draws and straight draws.
      I was not sure if he bets again on river for value, since I called flop and turn big bet, and if he bluffs, he probably gives up.
      So I push, he just needs to pay 8$ to win 40, so I think he calls with his value hands, and also he can almost make correct call with fd, he can make mistake and call with gutshot, which maybe gives up on river. Beside that, if he has KK, QQ, and overcard or J comes, maybe he checks back river, or I would have to donk.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well u could have avoid such problems just by betting the flop yourself in the first place.