[OFFICIAL Support Thread] PokerRanger - Dec15 Stability Update

• Eisflamme
      Eisflamme
      Gold
      Hi everyone,

I would like to present to you PokerRanger, a new analysis software for No-Limit Texas Hold'em, with which you can analyze a lot of spots very comfortably.

www.PokerRanger.net

I have developed this software in the first instance to improve my own game substantially.
      As many poker players have been testing it for some time, I have been able to continously improve it, so that it is a very valuable tool for me and my poker friends now.

• "How is this software of use for me?"

PokerRanger is a toolset to determine board hit probabilities (pair, twopair etc.) for range vs. range, to show equities of a range clearly in a matrix and to analyze EV and FE in different spots - to name only three of the many functions. There is even an importer tool for HEM/HEM2/PT4 hand histories.

• "And how can it help me?"

For example, you can determine whether it is +EV to raise a gutshot draw on a board, where villain folds third pair and worse. Or you can find out
      which range makes 4-bet/ship profitable preflop against a specific 3-bet range. Each preflop/postflop spot is imaginable.

PokerRanger has many other features and I will continuously enhance it based on the feedback of other players.

• "How can I learn more?"
      The homepage offers:
      - A list of features with screenshots and descriptions,
      - a short video and
      - the possibility to test it for free!

The trial version is free, while the full version does cost $79.

• "Why are you allowed to advertise here?"

PokerStrategy has explicitly authorized this thread because the tool serves to improve your game. I do not just want to advertise here;
      I seek to develop a tool which helps to analyze and improve your own game in an easier way than ever before. With your support, I can enhance PokerRanger to achieve this ambitious goal. :)

• Introduction Video

• "Pics or..."

You can even find more pictures at our facebook page.

• tl;dr
      I recommend watching a short video to get a quick overview of the features: > Short Video

Got curious? I would be really glad if you gave it a glimpse: www.PokerRanger.net

If you have any feedback or questions, just post it here!

-----------------------------------------------

---

Important: please note that PokerStrategy.com does not take any responsibility for the software advertised in this thread.
      We were not involved in the development and thus cannot guarantee the reliability or proper functionality of this software.
      You use the software described in this thread at your own risk.
  • 107 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Looks interesting.

What are the main things it can do that Equilab cannot?

Thanks
    • Eisflamme
      Eisflamme
      Gold
      Hi metza,

a lot of thinks! You can determine board hit probabilities for range vs. range which takes card removal into account. Also, you can see the performance of the different hand strengths like 40% win with a top pair on a specific board.

Then, the EV/FE tab shows you expected value and fold equity in specific spots with specific bet/raise/pot sizes. You can even play around with the sizes and it will give you a live update. You can also import HEM/HEM2/PT4 hand histories.

Another interesting function is the display of an equity matrix: You can choose ranges for player1 and 2 and get a matrix which shows the equity for each hand. So, you can get a really fast overview. You can see this here, for example.

Then, the equity evolution tab shows how your equity develops on different cards like in Equilab. But not only hand vs. range but range vs. range. And the training function allows you to train one specific board instead of random boards only and also to practice on turn/river. All of that against two range simulatenously.

You see, there are a lot of functions. Most are described in the Short Video, while there is a list of all features with a lot of pictures on the Feature Page.

I hope I could answer your questions. :)

Thank you very much and best regards,
      Eisflamme
    • Eisflamme
      Eisflamme
      Gold
      Hi again,

this thread is open now, again, as PokerRanger is now an official part of the PokerStrategy.com shop.

At the moment, the refactoring process of the backend of PokerRanger is still ongoing. It will lead to more stability, clearer display of groups in the drop down and several other features like undo/redo functionality at specific places. Also, saving and loading trees in the hand selection dialog will be in XML format. That way, it is easy to exchange range parts or modify colors. The latter will also be possible via the PokerRanger UI in later updates.

We are still open to feedback of all kind and hope that you still enjoy using the software.

Have a nice day,
      Eisflamme
    • W00dypecker
      W00dypecker
      Bronze
      Thanks for the software. seems user friendly :-)
    • Eisflamme
      Eisflamme
      Gold
      Hi,

please notice that we will have a free public coaching for all PokerStrategy members at 20th October! More information about that can be found in the news article:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/PokerRanger:-analyse-and-evaluate-your-hand-and-range_77624/

You definitely should not miss this chance to learn more about the software!

Have a nice day,
      Eisflamme
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      looking from the pictures above, pokerrangers looks like a nice and poweful tool. Just a short question:

I'm already buy two similar software from sc*lla. Do you think pokerranger more user friendly than his tools?

Edit: ok, just looking at the video and pokerranger look interesting. It's use 2 players (instead of 6 or 9) and I like this idea. From 1st glance, the only (minor) leak is the grapical interface isn't good. It's looks like the old Equator (hands diagram). But it maybe just me :)
    • Eisflamme
      Eisflamme
      Gold
      Hi patszerdonk,

there is a difference between both of the scylla tools. Flopzilla is very user-friendly but basically covers only one function. CardrunnersEV has many functions and is very powerful, however it is considered not as easy to use as PokerRanger (from what I heart and what I personally think).

I would say: If you have PokerRanger, there is basically no need for Flopzilla anymore, as PokerRanger offers Flopzilla functionality but also a ton of other functions. CardrunnersEV can calculate nearly anything (above all very deep EV calculations, of course) but PokerRanger is for fast and easy analysis (although deeper analyses are possible, as well).

Most of the users say that PokerRanger is very user-friendly and that they prefer it to Flopzilla, but I cannot speak for them. :) Also, there are several users who use PokerRanger and CREV in conjunction.

tl;dr: PokerRanger definitely has a lot of value, even if you have Flopzilla and CardrunnersEV.

Thank you very much for your interest and best regards,
      Eisflamme
    • pLAYERsjsk
      pLAYERsjsk
      Diamond
      used software to run analyses of my problematic hands and all i can say is that i just LOVE IT!!!
      great job :heart: thanks

edit: and yeah i agree.. after pokerranger, flopzilla is plain useless. uninstall.. :) )
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Does this work on a Mac?
    • Eisflamme
      Eisflamme
      Gold
      Hi maritsula,

it might work with emulators. However, we have not tested this. Apart from that, we are afraid that this tool only works with Windows.

pLAYERsjsk:
      We are very glad that you like it. If you have any ideas or feedback, do not hesitate to convey it!

Thanks for your interest and all the best,
      Eisflamme
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      What are the limitations of trial version in comparison to full version?
    • Eisflamme
      Eisflamme
      Gold
      Hi GreenPiece,

there are none, you can use all functions to their full extent. It is only that you cannot use PokerRanger after 21 days anymore at all. :)

Have a nice day,
      Eisflamme
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Wow, it's great we can try it all, ty :)
    • Eisflamme
      Eisflamme
      Gold
      You are very welcome :)

Please note that the coaching today starts at 8 PM GMT, not 7 PM GMT. The news has a wrong time there.

Edit:
      Thanks for all of you have listened and asked smart question. The video will be uploaded to the video section soon for those of you who did not find the time to attend.

Have a nice day/night,
      Eisflamme
    • Eisflamme
      Eisflamme
      Gold
      The official version of the video is online, now:
      http://de.pokerstrategy.com/video/31272

Of course, if you have questions of any kind, feel free to ask them!
      Best regards,
      Eisflamme
    • Eisflamme
      Eisflamme
      Gold
      Hi,

Member0815 has asked some questions in the video section which are very interesting. We will answer them here:

I really like that poker tool, I was about to develope something similar myself, stripped down and less userfriendly of course. I still have a couple of questions.
      1. The first thing that didn´t become clear to me.
      Is it decided whether there will be more player scenarios included at some point in the future?
      2. I was wondering about the fold equity calculation for villant in the loaded hand, obviously if he raises, when we chose bet/fold as a line he has 100% foldequity since we don´t work with a range which has a calling part in this scenario, so I assume the fold equity is considering the fraction of cases in which he raises and this is here 11.31 percent of his range, right?
      3. Following that, if I would work with a range in heroes case here, could I make a rangesplit for hero and chose a bet/fold, and a bet/call range, or would I have to devide this in two analysis and change the ranges manually several times, if I want to figure out, what changes, if I also include this or that hand in my bet/calling instead of bet/folding range?
      4. One very general question, if I buy this software, how many licences do I get, can I switch from one computer to another if I buy a new one?
      5. The random turn/river option (except for the training tab) for me only makes sense if you can run a MC simulation to see how well let´s say a certain hand flops against a strong range, do you have any function or any function planned to include MC-simulations? This is actually something I would find quite important to find out how easy it is to realize equity.
      6. And a last point (where it gets really complex). Will you be implementing more complex scenarios with several streets, where you can pick in dependance of the turn (at least as a basic group of turns like blank, overcard, flush arrives) chose new lines for hero and villant with the ranges that aren´t all in or folded and possibly do rangesplits here as well?
      Already sorry for those annoying intense question :)
      Hi Member0815,

hopefully it's ok for you that wer answer the questions here.

First of all, we are glad that you like the tool!

1. Possibly, but not soon

2. If he does fold himself, he will also not generate fold equity. FE is calculated based on all the cases we bet. So, it is the fraction of him raising of all his reactions, that's right. If he calls 0% of the cases, folds 30% of the cases and folds 70%, his fold equity will be 70%. So, it is not really the fold equity of his raise but his total fold equity in the scenario that we bet. Might be a little bit confusing but fits his EV, which is also based on our bet and not his raise.

3. You can just define all possible hands in "Player1" range at the very top of the window. For bet/fold and bet/call, you can split the ranges. The betting ranges for both of those lines can also overlap, they are independent of each other. The only rule is that they have to be a subset of the total Player1 range.

4. You will get one license key, which you can use on two different computers (which you can also change over time).

5. Yes, this is definitely planned. As a start, we will use random flops for the first three tabs (like Flopzilla can do), but we will follow up with more randomness.

6. No need to apologize, this question is a good one. :) An EV tree similar to CREV is planned, which will take into account multiple streets but in a much simpler way. However, we are currently not trying to compete with CREV, as it has another focus. We will extend this tab to allow for more actions and more reactions but not multiple streets in the current form. So, a multiple street extension will only come with an entire tree. But as already told, CREV is much more powerful for that kind of features, which we do not try to compete against at the moment.

Hopefully, this answered your questions! If you have follow-up ones, do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you very much for your great interest and ideas and have a nice day,
      Eisflamme
    • skillo23
      skillo23
      Bronze
      hi eisflamme, i'm trying your tool and i have a question , if i want to calculate the ev about 5bet push, i go to ev/fe calculations ,in the window ''line'' i click on 5bet/ship right? than i put the range for palyer 1 and 2 the bb stacks ecc, but i don't understand why in ''Overall Result'' Ev player1 is positive and is also positive for player2 , so evplayer1 is the sum when the player2 fold and the player2 calls , instead ev player2 is the ev when player2 only calls right? pardon my french iìm not native english, i hope you'll understand what i mean:)
    • kenpo189
      kenpo189
      Bronze
      Do you have a Mac version in mind? "I guess" I'm not the only one who works on a Mac desktop. And I really think that your software is extremely awesome.

Thanks,
    • Eisflamme
      Eisflamme
      Gold
      Hi,

skillo23:
      Yes, your procedure is correct. :) The EVs can be plus EV for both players if there is sufficient dead money, this is correct. The EV of Player2 is not only the EV of his fold/call or raise but of all of these actions. It is his EV in the case that Player1 bets. This is probably rarely used but you can see this way what effect the bet has on Player2's money.

kenpo189:
      We are glad that you like the software! I am afraid we are not planning to create a mac version.

We have talked to many Mac users and most of them say that they use Windows for Poker anyway, as there is not really much software which supports Mac at the moment.

That is why many players use software like Wine anyway. Some of our users also run PokerRanger in Wine and are very happy with that solution. Maybe, it also works for you? :)

Thank you very much for your interest and have a nice day,
      Eisflamme