[NL2-NL10] JJ on BB

    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.09.2012 Posts: 450
      Villain stats are 40/5 AF 1.3 over 100 hands, his fold to flop cbet is 60 over 10 occasions

      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2)
      Hero ($3.80)
      UTG ($1.66)
      UTG+1 ($1.89)
      UTG+2 ($3.09)
      MP1 ($2.21)
      CO ($1.73)
      BTN ($2.11)

      Dealt to Hero J:club: J:spade:

      fold, fold, fold, MP1 calls $0.02, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.10, MP1 calls $0.08

      FLOP ($0.21) A:diamond: 6:spade: T:heart:

      Hero bets $0.12, MP1 calls $0.12

      TURN ($0.45) A:diamond: 6:spade: T:heart: 7:club:

      Hero checks, MP1 checks

      RIVER ($0.45) A:diamond: 6:spade: T:heart: 7:club: 7:heart:

      Hero checks, MP1 checks

      Hero shows J:club: J:spade: (Pre 82%, Flop 91.6%, Turn 95.5%)MP1 shows 3:spade: 3:club: (Pre 18%, Flop 8.4%, Turn 4.5%)Hero wins $0.43


      I raise for value on BB

      Not the flop I like to see, but it represents more my range than his, so I fire a 1/2 pot cbet here seeing he also folds a fair amount on the flop

      After he calls I just check it to the end, my thoughs were that nothing that he limp calls and calls the Ahigh flop with I have beaten...so I try to get to showdown cheaply...On river I would probably check/call his bet, being oop I didnt feel like betting the river myself was a good move here...thoughts?
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Joined: 03.08.2009 Posts: 13,295
      Hey HrabriLavek

      Preflop is fine.

      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      Not the flop I like to see, but it represents more my range than his, so I fire a 1/2 pot cbet here seeing he also folds a fair amount on the flop
      It's true this board hits your range more than his. But you don't necessarily want to generate fold equity when you have a mid-strength hand like this. The fact that your range hits this board works against you when you hold JJ, because it is harder to extract value. The only reason you would cbet here is if you felt villain would float wide. In other cases the best option is to check.


      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      After he calls I just check it to the end, my thoughs were that nothing that he limp calls and calls the Ahigh flop with I have beaten...so I try to get to showdown cheaply...On river I would probably check/call his bet, being oop I didnt feel like betting the river myself was a good move here...thoughts?
      He could certainly have a Tx or a PP that you beat. However he is unlikely to bet with these hands or call another bet. Checking the hand down is a decent option. River should possibly be a check/fold, most of the hands you beat villain is checking down.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.09.2012 Posts: 450
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey HrabriLavek

      Preflop is fine.

      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      Not the flop I like to see, but it represents more my range than his, so I fire a 1/2 pot cbet here seeing he also folds a fair amount on the flop
      It's true this board hits your range more than his. But you don't necessarily want to generate fold equity when you have a mid-strength hand like this. The fact that your range hits this board works against you when you hold JJ, because it is harder to extract value. The only reason you would cbet here is if you felt villain would float wide. In other cases the best option is to check.

      Hm..I wasnt thinking right here and have to work on it...youre right...if I bet here I isolate myself vs probably stronger range anyway and I could probably get more value out of him by checking here and he might try to take a stab on the pot with weaker hands or feel safer to call my river bet if he checks back the turn

      thanks
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Joined: 03.08.2009 Posts: 13,295
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      I could probably get more value out of him by checking here and he might try to take a stab on the pot with weaker hands
      This is a big part of it too. If villain has something random that doesn't connect with the board, he can bet when you check. He won't usually call though. By checking you can extract value from a wider part of his range.