[NL2-NL10] KK on CO

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Villain stats are 50/7 AF 2.1 over 470 hands, His 3bet stat is 2.1 (3 on the BB)
      His cbet on the flop stat is 56 over 9 occasions

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.07)
      BB ($2.19)
      UTG ($2.67)
      UTG+1 ($2)
      UTG+2 ($2.05)
      MP1 ($0.58)
      MP2 ($2)
      Hero ($2)
      BTN ($1.97)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, MP1 calls $0.02, fold, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.24, fold, Hero calls $0.14

FLOP ($0.51) J:heart: 3:spade: 9:club:

BB bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36

TURN ($1.23) J:heart: 3:spade: 9:club: 8:diamond:

BB bets $0.87, Hero raises to $1.40 (AI), BB calls $0.53

RIVER ($4.03) J:heart: 3:spade: 9:club: 8:diamond: 5:heart:
      Hero shows K:spade: K:heart: (Pre 82%, Flop 90.0%, Turn 86.4%)BB shows Q:spade: Q:heart: (Pre 18%, Flop 10.0%, Turn 13.6%)Hero wins $3.83

I get a strong hand and isoraise the limper, get 3bet from the blinds.
      Usually I will try to stack it of preflop with this hand, tried to call in position, given his low 3bet stat Im up against a strong hand, he would probably call or shove my 4bet with the strongest of his range and I thought I might get more out of him after I see how the flop runs out...given my late position, isolation of limper he might be more wider...not that much probably to matter

Flop seems ok for me, no A, it is a bit coordinated but I dont think he is on a hand that will be looking to get draws here

He cbets around 2/3 of the pot...I think if he was on AA or JJ he would probably bet it bigger...I think he is likely on some smaller pocket pair than mine or AK that tries to take it down on the flop...so I call with plan to get the stacks in on a safe turn card

Turn card coordinates the board even more...I dont think he 3bets me preflop with TT so I shove and get the stacks in...if I was vs AA, tough luck for me, I would probably lose it with getting stacks preflop anyway, and if he has JJ somehow, well..it happens and was my misjudgement...
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey HrabriLavek,

4betting preflop is definitely an option, but your decision to flat is fine.

On the flop I like your flat call. I wouldn't read too much into villains bet sizing though. He shouldn't be betting too big on this board if he has AA.

Your decision to raise the turn is decent. Villain can call with QQ, AJ/KJ/QJ, AT etc. Sometimes he will have AA/JJ of course, but overall I think you have value here.