UTG ($1.55)
      UTG+1 ($1.61)
      UTG+2 ($3.03)
      MP1 ($1.82)
      MP2 ($1.98)
      CO ($2.38)
      BTN ($0.64)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, MP1 raises to $0.08, fold, CO calls $0.08, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.25) 4:diamond: K:heart: T:spade:

Hero bets $0.16, MP1 calls $0.16, CO folds

TURN ($0.57) 4:diamond: K:heart: T:spade: 2:heart:

Hero bets $0.44, MP1 folds

Hero shows K:diamond: A:spade:

Hero wins $0.55

I call with AK on BB here, loose passive guy is really low with his PFR and CO has fold to 3bet 57 and I didnt feel like it would be a good idea to try and 3bet it here and end up vs their stronger 3bet calling range oop with a drawing hand

On the flop I lead out with a bet, Im looking to extract value here from the looser guy before the action goes to the BU who may check back if the MP checks too....I think my hand is probably the best here and Im not afraid of much...any bigger/decent raise and I fold, given the pot is 3way and someone might hit a set too...

Turn is a safe card and I bet near pot looking to get the stacks in on the river if he calls
  • 3 replies
    • mbml

Easy Squeeze preflop. He has so many worse hands that he is going to call with like AQ KQ AJ AT KJ etc. We crush all those preflop and if we both hit a pair and dominate them, we are probably going to stack them.

AK also doesn't play too well in a 3way pot which is why i prefer to squeeeze to 30 cents here and hope to isolate one of them.

As played, you could just check/call or even check/raise if you expect the preflop raiser to cbet a lot. If not, leading can't be too bad of a play.

• HrabriLavek
      what would be our plan here if I get a caller or both of them call and I flop nothing...

I know 3way thats basically a check/fold

but if it was heads up should I fire a cbet depending on the board or just check it?

• mbml
      Depends on board, and what we have.

If board was QJX, we should just cbet cos we have 2 overs and a gutshot. We get to fold out TT/99/88/77 a lot of the time. if board was like T73 with 2 spades, and we had the Ace of spade, I may consider cbetting this, and barreling every spade turn. or maybe even checkraising the Flop and then shoving every spade turn.

If board has mutliple middle or high cards, like JT8, then it's an easy check/fold. Board is really coordinated with many draws and we don't get too much fold equity by betting once. So either we fire mutiple bets, or just give up right away.

If it were something like 775, and you have 2 callers, we can pretty much put them on some low pocket pairs. So betting once again, is not a good idea. Our plan should be to fire 2 or 3barrels, and fold out their weak pocketpairs like 99/TT. But that depends on opponent type. The more conservative ones will fold to the third bet, while the loose and bad ones will probably just call you down.