[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL2 T8s 05-02-13 (Zoom)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $3.29 (164.5 bb)
      SB: $1.07 (53.5 bb)
      BB: $0.63 (31.5 bb)
      UTG: $2.76 (138 bb)
      MP: $2.08 (104 bb)
      CO: $3.84 (192 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 8 T
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB folds

Flop: ($0.14) J 6 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, SB calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.34) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.18, SB calls $0.18

River: ($0.70) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Hi,
      Bit in doubnt here wether to cbet or not...

Preflop:
      Think this is a fine hand to oR with from BTN.

Flop:
      As he called he might have broadways or PP's in his range, decided to go for a cbet here, only having little EQ, but still think it's ok.

Turn:
      Was a bit varry here, he could have called with a pair, or a better draw. so thinking my turn cbet was a mistake?

River:
      well obviously giving up, I could bluff htis card but think it is a bit hard as I don't know if he's a fish or not..
      I think he would call me down with alot of PP, unless I shoved here, but that wouldn't make much sense...

Villain:
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

We don't know too much about him, but over the small sample I think he doesn't look like a complete calling station to me.

I would bet larger on the turn, maybe 25 or 30. And I would also bet 75% pot on the River to fold out some of his draws, maybe 9X if he double calls with them, and even his weaker JX hands like JT QJ.

Thanks.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      thanks for pointing that out can't even remember why I bet this small..
      Guess I'm a sizzy :P

I create more FE with a 3/4 bet, and he is likely to pick up on my small bet aswell...
      Come to think of it I'd rather want him to fold the turn, river was a giveup unless I hit, anyways...

But guess your right he's not that much of a calling station.. was scared to bluff it tho.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I used to bet smaller too, but these days I just bet 70-100% pot on Turns and Rivers. I find that it just works better as part of an overall game plan. With the nuts, we can put as much money in as possible. With our semibluffs, we can build the pot, to take it down later.

Basically, the bigger pots favour the better player, since the better player can just bluff more effectively and value bet more effectively. And since the better player wins more often, having a bigger pot to win > smaller pot.