Question about minimal buy-in

• Werkon
      Werkon
      Bronze
      As a beginner I'm playing SSS on Mansion. The problem is that some tables won't allow me to buy in with $2,00. Somewhere it is $2,88, even $3,14. Is it any way to recognize these tables in the lobby ? Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      I don't play on mansion, so I don't have any clue how they're set up.. but normally you'd be wanting to start on what we call the NL10 tables.

This means these are tables where the blinds are .05 and .10

I would guess than mansion must have some way to identify these tables by limit, and if the minimum buyin is 20 BB, you should be able to buy in for 2.00.

Now, with odd amounts like that, from the sounds of it, it SOUNDS like .. perhaps you were on a table, won some money, left the table.. and came back before some amount of time passed, so they force you to rebuyin for the same amount.

I know on stars, if you leave a table, and come back within 30 minutes, you cannot buy back in for less than you left the table with. It sounds like this might be the issue you are having.

However, again, I have absolutely ZERO experience with Mansion, so hopefully someone who is familiar with their system will reply and maybe clarify things more.
    • Werkon
      Werkon
      Bronze
      Yeah, I guess it is exactly the thing you are saying, because those tables are very rare. Thanks for clarification.
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      I beleive the poker sites use the term rat-holing, where someone will sit at a table and leave and comeback with a smaller amount so they do that to prevent people from rat-holing which doesnt really make sense since at the lower limits there are so many table to begin with.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Say you sit down at a table with $2 (which is your min buy-in at NL10) and you play for abit and you stand up and leave from the table with $2.87.

There is a term called rat-holding which means you can't return to that table with less than that of what you stood up with at that certain table (say the table was called "Washington").
      I think it is 1hr 30mins before you can return to that same table with the minimum $2 buy-in or wahatever buy-in you wish to start playing with.

If u return to that table before that set time period you will be asked to sit down with the last exact amount you stood up with from that table.
      I dont know the exact reasons why they do this but they do.
      Hope that explains your question.
    • Werkon
      Werkon
      Bronze
      Yeah it does, thanks