[NL2-NL10] 7th NL10 SH JJ squeez

• treyking
      treyking
      Bronze
      Full Tilt, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.81 (58.1 bb)
      Hero (SB): $13.88 (138.8 bb)
      BB: $9.53 (95.3 bb)
      MP: $10.99 (109.9 bb)
      CO: $26.79 (267.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J J
      MP raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, 4 folds

Results:
      $1.30 pot
      Hero mucked J J and won $1.30 ($1.00 net)

Stats:UTG = original raiser :35/18/3bet 4,8/Fold to 3bet 60%/402 hands,MP : some 12/9 rock - Fold to 3bet 75% and BU:loose player 27/10 - fold to 3bet 100%

I chose to squeez it ,because original raiser was able to fold to 3bet often and another two players had their ranges capped and were folding to 3bet often too :s_cool:

Is it good ? :s_grin:
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Treyking,

Preflop: Given the amount of money in the pot before our squeeze, 10.5 BB, your squeeze is perfectly fine. After all we are attacking a lot of money (10% of a stack) and we can isolate the weaker players (either MP or BTN).

Versus the larger stacks I still think we would need to fold to a 4-bet (without reads). Against BTN we can most likely go with the hand.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Squeezing here is definitely the best play. 2 things to consider here though.
      1) Do we shove or fold vs a 4bet? Are we shoving if the PFR 4bets? Are we stacking off if one of the callers backraise with their entire stack?
      2) What's the optimal squeeze size?

For 1) I probably stack off vs a backraise from the callers. vs the UTG guy he seems to be more passive with his reraising range so I would probably squeeze fold.

2) I think 1.50 seems like a better size. We have a higher chance of getting it headsup. When you offer such great odds, they will tend to stick around and you often get some multiway action with an overcard like the Queen and you are completely lost.

Thanks.
    • treyking
      treyking
      Bronze
      Yes ,that was my plan ,to squeeze and stack off against callers . If PFR 4bets I fold.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by treyking
      Yes ,that was my plan ,to squeeze and stack off against callers . If PFR 4bets I fold.
      Your plan is perfectly fine given the information we have and stacks involved.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hi!

Are we just flatting with TT? I think, we could still go broke against the BU, but vs others we really can`t. So, I think, there`s no reason to turn our hand into a bluff.

Also: what if we have AQs/AQo? Flat AQs, squeeze as a bluff AQo (fold to BU as well)?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I usually don't squeeze TT unless I felt that the preflop raiser 4bet bluffs a fair amount, or if the other players are not giving us too much credit and may backraise smaller pocket pairs.

This usually requires aggressive dynamics, and you would need to have a very loose and aggro image, known for squeezing wide ranges. If your image is solid in general, I think squeezing TT is just pointless cos people aren't really going to play back vs your squeezes too much.

AQs could go both ways, but I have a preference for squeezing if dynamics are aggro, similar to TT. AQo just sucks playing OOP multiway so I will always squeeze it for sure. If we face a 4bet, then we need to decide if the 4better has some bluffs in his range. If he rarely 4bet bluffs then it's an easy fold.

I think MP and CO can still be strong here so it really depends on your image as well as their levels of aggression. BU is very unlikely to be strong since I would expect him to almost always squeeze a strong hand here. Flatting AA/KK here is not a good play because SB and BB are being offered really great odds to call along, unless he was fairly certain that one of you would squeeze.