[NL2-NL10] 8th NL10 SH A2s

• treyking
      treyking
      Bronze
      Full Tilt, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $9.73 (97.3 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $13.76 (137.6 bb)
      SB: $10.29 (102.9 bb)
      BB: $8.84 (88.4 bb)
      UTG: $27.39 (273.9 bb)
      MP: $7.18 (71.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 2:diamond: A:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.20, BB folds

Flop: ($0.60) A:spade: 5:diamond: K:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.20) Q:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.78, SB calls $0.78

River: ($2.76) A:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB folds

Results:
      $2.76 pot ($0.18 rake)
      Final Board: A:spade: 5:diamond: K:heart: Q:heart: A:club:
      Hero mucked 2:diamond: A:diamond: and won $2.58 ($1.25 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$1.33 net)

Stats:63/16/3bet 10,0/95 hands

Preflop standard open imo ,I wanna play against the fish on SB in position.

He calls.

On the flop I hit the top pair with weak kicker ,nevermind I make cbet ,he has pretty wide range even from SB ,it was like 80% of hands.

His fold to cbet on the flop is just 43% nad on the turn it's 33%.

I cbet turn too ,I want some value from Kx and maybe some PPs and he could also have FD now ,so I think it's good for me .

River isn't bad for me ,but it isn't even good ...it's scare card ,anyways...theres now smaller chance ,that he has better A and I beat two pairs too now so I go for some small value bet as his WTSD is about 55%.
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Treyking,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Against a fish we can cbet our A2 here for thin value versus Kx or gutshots. It is a thin bet because all Ax that he plays are better than ours.

We also have the option of checking and playing turn/river.

As played I'd make turn a bit smaller as it's another thin valuebet and a few of the hands we beat have now improved to beat us (KQ, TJ).

On the river I think it's mostly a check back unless villain is a huge station or you'd expect other Ax to raise by now.

Ask yourself what we get value from vs what beats us. A passive fish will still have most Ax hands there on the river and even though we now beat KQ we only really get value form some Kx and rarely Qx.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      So, in this instance, on the flop we`re planning to get 2 streets of value?

If so, which line would you prefer?

Bet flop/turn, check back river or check flop, bet turn/river?

I`m leaning towards the 1st one, because we have backdoor FD. In this case I would bet the flop bigger, around 0.4
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by dienaszaglis
      So, in this instance, on the flop we`re planning to get 2 streets of value?

If so, which line would you prefer?

Bet flop/turn, check back river or check flop, bet turn/river?

I`m leaning towards the 1st one, because we have backdoor FD. In this case I would bet the flop bigger, around 0.4
      Without knowing a lot about the fish (and how often we can expect bluffs on the turn if we check) I would go with the first.

I'd bet 1/2 flop and turn there.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      and what do you think about cb F 0.4 xb T bet R 60% ? We have max only 2 streets of value
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ilidek
      and what do you think about cb F 0.4 xb T bet R 60% ? We have max only 2 streets of value
      If we have some info about the fish we can check back the flop but what's our plan if he bets into us? Do we call 1 or 2 streets versus unknown fish or just fold turn?

We do have 95 hands so we should know how aggro he and maybe even know how he sizes his bets but I don't see any of that info.