This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 8th NL10 SH A2s

• treyking
      treyking
      Bronze
      Full Tilt, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $9.73 (97.3 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $13.76 (137.6 bb)
      SB: $10.29 (102.9 bb)
      BB: $8.84 (88.4 bb)
      UTG: $27.39 (273.9 bb)
      MP: $7.18 (71.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 2:diamond: A:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.20, BB folds

Flop: ($0.60) A:spade: 5:diamond: K:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.20) Q:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.78, SB calls $0.78

River: ($2.76) A:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB folds

Results:
      $2.76 pot ($0.18 rake)
      Final Board: A:spade: 5:diamond: K:heart: Q:heart: A:club:
      Hero mucked 2:diamond: A:diamond: and won $2.58 ($1.25 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$1.33 net)

Stats:63/16/3bet 10,0/95 hands

Preflop standard open imo ,I wanna play against the fish on SB in position.

He calls.

On the flop I hit the top pair with weak kicker ,nevermind I make cbet ,he has pretty wide range even from SB ,it was like 80% of hands.

His fold to cbet on the flop is just 43% nad on the turn it's 33%.

I cbet turn too ,I want some value from Kx and maybe some PPs and he could also have FD now ,so I think it's good for me .

River isn't bad for me ,but it isn't even good ...it's scare card ,anyways...theres now smaller chance ,that he has better A and I beat two pairs too now so I go for some small value bet as his WTSD is about 55%.
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Treyking,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Against a fish we can cbet our A2 here for thin value versus Kx or gutshots. It is a thin bet because all Ax that he plays are better than ours.

We also have the option of checking and playing turn/river.

As played I'd make turn a bit smaller as it's another thin valuebet and a few of the hands we beat have now improved to beat us (KQ, TJ).

On the river I think it's mostly a check back unless villain is a huge station or you'd expect other Ax to raise by now.

Ask yourself what we get value from vs what beats us. A passive fish will still have most Ax hands there on the river and even though we now beat KQ we only really get value form some Kx and rarely Qx.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      So, in this instance, on the flop we`re planning to get 2 streets of value?

If so, which line would you prefer?

Bet flop/turn, check back river or check flop, bet turn/river?

I`m leaning towards the 1st one, because we have backdoor FD. In this case I would bet the flop bigger, around 0.4
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by dienaszaglis
      So, in this instance, on the flop we`re planning to get 2 streets of value?

If so, which line would you prefer?

Bet flop/turn, check back river or check flop, bet turn/river?

I`m leaning towards the 1st one, because we have backdoor FD. In this case I would bet the flop bigger, around 0.4
      Without knowing a lot about the fish (and how often we can expect bluffs on the turn if we check) I would go with the first.

I'd bet 1/2 flop and turn there.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      and what do you think about cb F 0.4 xb T bet R 60% ? We have max only 2 streets of value
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ilidek
      and what do you think about cb F 0.4 xb T bet R 60% ? We have max only 2 streets of value
      If we have some info about the fish we can check back the flop but what's our plan if he bets into us? Do we call 1 or 2 streets versus unknown fish or just fold turn?

We do have 95 hands so we should know how aggro he and maybe even know how he sizes his bets but I don't see any of that info.