[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - AJ missed flop

    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.01.2008 Posts: 3,062
      $0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      6 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

      Stacks:
      UTG Hero ($15.94)
      UTG+1 Dommy86 ($13.58)
      CO or88 ($19.31)
      BTN fiveto1 ($5.66)
      SB alangee ($2.22)
      BB sanotigr666 ($11.33)

      Pre-flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG
      [color:#272BA6]Hero raises to $0.40[/color], 2 folds, [color:#B93238]fiveto1 calls $0.40[/color], 2 folds

      Flop: ($0.95, 2 players)
      Hero checks, fiveto1 checks

      Turn: ($0.95, 2 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#272BA6]fiveto1 bets $0.10[/color], [color:#B93238]Hero calls $0.10[/color]

      River: ($1.15, 2 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#272BA6]fiveto1 bets $0.10[/color], [color:#B93238]Hero calls $0.10[/color]

      Final Pot: $1.35

      Donkey's stats: 71/9/2.2/30(vpip/pfr/af/wts) with 67 hands

      Should I just fold to that minibet on the river?
  • 16 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.12.2006 Posts: 1,908
      hi
      you shouldnt fold to his minbet . some of the times you will have the best hand and you get a very cheap info about his minbeting range
      gl
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.09.2007 Posts: 578
      Shouldn't he have tried a contibet on the flop there? It was only the Q he could have hit, maybe he's got JT but then he's suck pf :P

      gen
    • Hellrabbit
      Hellrabbit
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.01.2007 Posts: 54
      Would have cbet there as well and fold to any further resistance. As played : turn & riverbets are donkbets, so either he's provoking or he's holding absolute air? Would a reraise on the turn be good in that spot?
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.12.2006 Posts: 1,908
      hi
      if you reraise on the turn you are turning your hand with showdown value into a bluff and you have no reason for that . you can win the pot and more info by just calling
      this is a good flop to cbet but when you know your opponent isnt folding you will cbet A high for value . against this kind of opponents you should wait a hand and go for value on 3 streets
      gl
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.01.2008 Posts: 3,062
      Originally posted by srohack
      hi
      if you reraise on the turn you are turning your hand with showdown value into a bluff and you have no reason for that . you can win the pot and more info by just calling
      this is a good flop to cbet but when you know your opponent isnt folding you will cbet A high for value . against this kind of opponents you should wait a hand and go for value on 3 streets
      gl
      So are you saying I should cbet, even as ace high for value? It's very unlikely he hits something on this flop, I think I should cbet anyway.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.12.2006 Posts: 1,908
      hi
      i was assuming he calls a lot because i saw you posted more hands with this players and he was always calling
      as i said this is a good board to cbet . i am not saying you shouldnt i was explaining you what kind of bet you are doing . when you miss the flop entirely and you cbet you rely on fold equity ( your opponent will fold x% of the times and you will take the pot down) . if you know your opponent is not going to fold then the reason for beting here when you didnt hit is value because you are likely to bet with the best hand most of the times.
      gl
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.09.2007 Posts: 578
      Wow, I'd never have thought about this to be a valuebet ... he called a raise so AQ, KQ, even QJ, JJ, TT belong to his handrange (which is much wider than that of course - he seems to be a sucky player). AA and KK and AK don't because you would have faced a reraise. So he could have hit easily there. If he calls there I'd consider myself beat, which is not the point of a valuebet. Why is this a valuebet?

      gen
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.12.2006 Posts: 1,908
      hi
      to make it simple . bet here . when get called give up .
      gl
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.09.2007 Posts: 578
      Originally posted by srohack
      hi
      to make it simple . bet here . when get called give up .
      gl
      wow thanks that helped me alot -.- ... not...
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.12.2006 Posts: 1,908
      Originally posted by srohack
      hi
      i was assuming he calls a lot because i saw you posted more hands with this players and he was always calling
      as i said this is a good board to cbet . i am not saying you shouldnt i was explaining you what kind of bet you are doing . when you miss the flop entirely and you cbet you rely on fold equity ( your opponent will fold x% of the times and you will take the pot down) . if you know your opponent is not going to fold then the reason for beting here when you didnt hit is value because you are likely to bet with the best hand most of the times.
      gl
      i was reading other hands from tosh5457 and i noticed this villain in many of them . i also noticed he doesnt like folding so i assumed he peels this flop with more then a q or a 9 (basicaly with most of his range ) .
      with your Aj you have showdown value against his range .
      the main purpose of a cbet when you dont hit is to get a fold .
      if you asume he is not folding the flop its no reason to bet(no fold equity) unless you are beting for value because you would like to see a showdown with your hand that is far ahead of his range
      i dont know how i can explain it better .
      post any questions you have
      gl
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.09.2007 Posts: 578
      So you are basically saying if he calls your cbet on the flop you will probably still check to the river and win? That is probably true here i guess. He's probably speculating on hitting anything he's got.
      Still I'd fold to a more-than-halfsized pot on the river if I don't hit anything against this opponent, right?

      gen
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.12.2006 Posts: 1,908
      hi
      right no reason to call him
      gl
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.01.2008 Posts: 3,062
      So basically there's no reason to cbet, because most likely he'll try to take down the pot on the turn or river and then I can't call with my ace high.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.09.2007 Posts: 578
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      So basically there's no reason to cbet, because most likely he'll try to take down the pot on the turn or river and then I can't call with my ace high.
      No, the cbet is fine, since you have fold equity. Just if you get called, consider yourself beat and don't invest any more money. Except minraises, imo.

      gen
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.01.2008 Posts: 3,062
      Originally posted by generals007
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      So basically there's no reason to cbet, because most likely he'll try to take down the pot on the turn or river and then I can't call with my ace high.
      No, the cbet is fine, since you have fold equity. Just if you get called, consider yourself beat and don't invest any more money. Except minraises, imo.

      gen
      Against this player I assure you I don't have any fold equity :rolleyes:
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.09.2007 Posts: 578
      Against this player I assure you I don't have any fold equity Augen rollen


      If you know he'll call anyways it's a check imo. Judge might disagree since you might still check to the river and win with ace high high kicker since he calls anything.

      gen