[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - Playing flop 3B pot

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hello guys,

some question again

Villain is 1 tabling fish, active over 10 hands.

- Is check behind flop better? Why? Why is CB better?
      - What to do with AK here? Just check and try to get to sd?

River bluffcatch?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2090386
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $45.25
      SB: $54.37
      BB: $48.75
      UTG: $72.38
      Hero (CO): $61.33

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with 4 :spade: A :spade:
      UTG raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5, 3 folds, UTG calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.75) 3 :heart: T :club: 6 :club: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $6, UTG calls $6

Turn: ($22.75) J :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($22.75) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG bets $11, Hero calls $11
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey man, it's been a while. Exams?

Regarding hand, the guy might be a fish but that means he calls wide preflop, right? If he calls wide it means he'll have more lower cards in his range that your average player and is also likely to overvalue his equity. That being the case I would give up your hand asap.

If you had AK, you now have 6 reasonably clean outs plus you are more likely to have the best hand vs say AJ, A9. If you had some BD FD as well it would help a lot with 2 high cards ofc, compared to a low FD. I would approach it from equity perspective as well ofc.. AK is still pretty weak unless you have nutted redraws so I would give up quite often with that as well, probably less often than A4 on average but against unknown just as much.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16

Regarding hand, the guy might be a fish but that means he calls wide preflop, right? If he calls wide it means he'll have more lower cards in his range that your average player and is also likely to overvalue his equity. That being the case I would give up your hand asap.

If you had AK, you now have 6 reasonably clean outs plus you are more likely to have the best hand vs say AJ, A9. If you had some BD FD as well it would help a lot with 2 high cards ofc, compared to a low FD. I would approach it from equity perspective as well ofc.. AK is still pretty weak unless you have nutted redraws so I would give up quite often with that as well, probably less often than A4 on average but against unknown just as much.
      Thanks for this post ;)

Exams are done but I don't know my results yet ;) . Unforunately had a rly bad run and my roll dropped down a bit so can't buy coaching :( . Maybe later!

tnx ones again
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16

Thanks for this post ;)

Exams are done but I don't know my results yet ;) . Unforunately had a rly bad run and my roll dropped down a bit so can't buy coaching :( . Maybe later!

tnx ones again
      Keep at it, you can't always run great!

@Hand: It would be a good spot to delay or even delay delay cbet against a passive fish since he will rarely fold any hand but will tell you he has no hand with the more checks you see. This was just so that the others think about it because you already asked about delayed cbetting in general on Skype and this is a reasonably example.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Very very nice then :) I never thought about that line and I used it last sessions a few times ;) it worked out pretty good