Rakebacks, graphs and more

• Mat55
      Mat55
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I am new to Pokerstrategy and I used the $10 free bonus from poker770.

For several weeks I have been stalking pokerstrategy :tongue: and I have been learning some strategies and been trying to get better.

I will take the $10 bonus, use it and learn how to play cash games, and eventually deposit more money.

I have several questions:

I am aware poker770 has rakebacks.. how do I take advantage of (or in other words, enable) that, and connect it to my pokerstrategy account?

Are cash tables the best way to start?

What type of tournaments (free of entry) are the best for a guy like me to make more money?

Also, on blogs I regularly see the graphs (net amount made, All in EV), how do I get that?
  • 3 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Mat55
      I have several questions:

I am aware poker770 has rakebacks.. how do I take advantage of (or in other words, enable) that, and connect it to my pokerstrategy account?

Are cash tables the best way to start?

What type of tournaments (free of entry) are the best for a guy like me to make more money?

Also, on blogs I regularly see the graphs (net amount made, All in EV), how do I get that?
      Rakeback:
      To the best of my knowledge, Poker770's rakeback comes in the form of bonuses. If I'm wrong, I'll be corrected shortly :)

Cash Tables vs SnGs:
      In my not-so-humble opinion, start with cash tables, for the following reasons:
        Simplicity. There are no dynamics beyond the hand in play to take into account. Each hand stands on its own, and you only need to consider the players involved in the hand to make proper decisions.
        You can come and go as you like. When you are playing a tournament, you are there for the duration.
        When you're learning, there are starting hands charts to get you going. You're involved in more pots than in SnGs so you gain experience faster.

Again, other people like SnGs better -- they'll tell you why so you can decide for yourself which you like best.

Graphs:
      These come from Poker tracking software such as PokerTracker4 and HoldemManager2. Those are the most recent versions. Both have free trials available.

You might want to wait a bit to get some experience before adding another complication, but even so, get started saving your hand histories, so when you DO get a tracker, it can include your current play.

All the best,
      --VS
    • Mat55
      Mat55
      Bronze
      Ok thank's a lot!

Also I see people showing their hands (Hero, MP, CO etc), what software do I use?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Mat55,

I see Vorpal has been looking after you :)

Welcome to our community and I'm glad you've stopped stalking us and started to talk :P

There are many different Poker softwares available out there but we recommend Poker Tracker 4 or Holdem Manager 2 and both are available to buy here!

Both come with free trials as well so you can try out both and choose which one you like the most. They are both very similar, have similar functions so it really comes down to personal preference.

We also have support for both products which you can find here if you get stuck with something!

Hope this helps!
      Gary