[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - A4s shippit (bluff)

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hello guys,

Is it okay to ship it here with a bit of equity ? I think I have about 26% vs his callingrange v my ship.

Dynamics: I've 3bet him a couple of times lately so there is a chance he was getting a bit annoyed. That's how it felt like :tongue:

24/19/200h
      60 foldto3b
      1.8 af
      no x/raises on that sample

So his stats look a bit on the passive side which might want to make us just fold.

Although an argument for shipping after all is that he most likely just x/calls with sets and TT and let me bluff since I look aggro in his eyes

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2090214
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $50.10
      SB: $54.86
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $50.00
      MP: $60.22
      CO: $61.91

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with 4 :spade: A :spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.25, Hero raises to $4.50, 2 folds, CO calls $3.25

Flop: ($9.75) 3 :heart: 8 :diamond: 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $5.50, CO raises to $12.41, Hero raises to $45.60 all in
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Farma,

Preflop: looks fine with position.

Postflop: If he has been nitty so far I think there's a much bigger chance of him picking up a hand rather than him spazzing out. Has anything happened that may make us suspect he is tilting or starting to adjust?

I think that with our lower equity hand and a hand that's not even ahead of his NFDs I'm not willing to go crazy here. I think that an AQhh or AKhh is a better hand to take this line with if we want to add really weak semibluffs to our range but given the amount of hands we could shove here we don't need to spazz out with low equity hands.

And I don't think we should necessarly expect him to call sets/overpairs unless you've seen him do that.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Damn ;( I hoped it would have been fine :P

I can't rly assume he's tilting no but I thought he could call looser preflop than his general gameplan... And on the flop it doesn't make much sense to scare me away ones I can barrel so many turns. TT is a bluffcatcher there and overpairs=4bet (?)

Allright then, I agree with the handselection. Sometimes you get so pissed off if they always keep check/raising your cbets. When he would have a higher check/raise% would you shove after all then?

Thanks for the quick reactions to all the hands !! :) :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Damn ;( I hoped it would have been fine :P

I can't rly assume he's tilting no but I thought he could call looser preflop than his general gameplan... And on the flop it doesn't make much sense to scare me away ones I can barrel so many turns. TT is a bluffcatcher there and overpairs=4bet (?)

Allright then, I agree with the handselection. Sometimes you get so pissed off if they always keep check/raising your cbets. When he would have a higher check/raise% would you shove after all then?

Thanks for the quick reactions to all the hands !! :) :)
      If we have info that tells us he rarely raises overpairs/sets there then we can consider shoving. But we have to keep in mind that there are many better hands with which we can do this with so we need really good reasons to increase our bluffing (or weak semibluffing) range here.

I also don't think we should just assume that this tighter guy will slowplay in a 3-bet pot on a coordinated board. A lot of these guys just want to get the money in when they hit and they are afraid of the "draws". That's not to say that he can't raise big draws himself like AQ.