[NL2-NL10] 99 on BB

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Villain is 17/11 AF 2.8 over 440 hands
      His flop cbet is 82 on 22 occasions, his steal on SB is 100% on 5 occasions

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4)
      Hero ($4)
      UTG ($8.59)
      UTG+1 ($4.39)
      UTG+2 ($4.42)
      MP1 ($4)
      CO ($1.58)
      BTN ($4)

Dealt to Hero 9:club: 9:spade:

UTG calls $0.04, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.16, fold

FLOP ($0.44) 8:club: Q:club: K:club:

SB bets $0.31, Hero folds

SB wins $0.42

I call here in position, not sure could I have made a 3bet here looking at his stats...if I should have 3bet here, how do I aim to play it postflop regarding board texture?

Flop comes wet with 2 overcards...I have a flushdraw but I just folded to his agression taking he likely has Q or K here....maybe I could have made a raise here?
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is fine. I don't like the idea of 3betting here, since we have position and also by calling we let the weak player on UTG to call.

Folding the flop is by far the best thing we can do here.
      Raising is out of question - there are no worse hands that are going to continue here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Preflop is fine. I don't like the idea of 3betting here, since we have position and also by calling we let the weak player on UTG to call.

Folding the flop is by far the best thing we can do here.
      Raising is out of question - there are no worse hands that are going to continue here.

Best,
      Plamen
      oh...sorry...I didnt really notice the UTG limped here...I am looking over the session and didnt even notice this here...agreed with everything

what do you think if this was a blind vs blind spot, would it change anything?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, I don't like 3betting 99 in general.

Hand plays relatively easy postflop, plus if we 3bet and get called we are most likely to have a hard time since we are now up against a stronger range and if we do it just because of the FE then we can just 3bet A2o that does not have good playability postflop in a single-raised pot.